The Great Pop vs. Soda Controversy

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
lol, pretty interesting. I'm a Coke guy..if I want any kind of soda, I just say "gimme a coke"..

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
"I'm a Coke guy..if I want any kind of soda, I just say "gimme a coke".

Cocaine for horses,
it ain't for men.
Doctor say it kill me,
but he don't say when.
Ain't nobody's business but my own.
Taj Mahal.

I asked for coke and got a toot,
asked for pop and got a black eye.
I'll go to the store,
next time I buy.
Tired of the street,
any wonder why?
VXA

Oh, just a footnote, in Baaston they pronounce it "poaap". Anyone who has ever listened to a Kennedy has heard this sort of odd pronunciation. (And the rubbah swaawn is moin.)

N

N_Jay

Can I have a coke?
What kind of coke?
A seven up!

I would not want to know the high school graduation rates anywhere a conversation like that is common. :roll: :lol:

kingpin

Trailer Park Supervisor
Duditz511 said:
lol, pretty interesting. I'm a Coke guy..if I want any kind of soda, I just say "gimme a coke"..
Same here in Alabama. It's easy to tell who the tourists are here when they ask for a "pop". Coke is the name, Diet Pepsi is the flavor!

UFEMTFF

Premium Subscriber
kb2vxa said:
Oh, just a footnote, in Baaston they pronounce it "poaap". Anyone who has ever listened to a Kennedy has heard this sort of odd pronunciation. (And the rubbah swaawn is moin.)
Why does everyone say that people from Boston say "Pop". Look at the map.... Clearly the Boston area favors "Soda".

Brendan
From Boston

N

N_Jay

UFEMTFF said:
Why does everyone say that people from Boston say "Pop". Look at the map.... Clearly the Boston area favors "Soda".

Brendan
From Boston
Because the people that most people here from the new England states are Dem politicians and they change what they say depending oh the audience. :lol: :lol: :lol:

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned

Because everybody knows where Boston is, ever hear of Buzzards Bay? For that matter how many can find Hyanus on a map no matter HOW famouse it is? No, I spelt it that way intentionally. >POP< goes the weasel Ted, POP. (;->)

mancow

Database Admin
What I wonder is how much of our taxes and the tuition of thousands of students helped subsidise that nonsense.

EJB

Very accurate map.
Pop is the main one here in Southern Ontario and Western N.Y.
I wonder what the other in Boston is?

stevie621

I tell you. I now have two cochlear implants but had hearing aids at the time. I was in the laundry room of the apartment that I live in and this guy said "Does the pop machine work?" I told him I can't understand him and he repeated it three more times and I just said I just can't hear you and he said "Never mind". I am from New York and there is no such thing as pop. Well Pop was my grand father. and there is no such thing as a pop machine. A soda machine yes. It took me all day of thinking to figure out what he said. n0sxj out.

Status
Not open for further replies.