The greatest outdoor show on earth..

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Question: With Stampede coming up will ems/fire/police have a separate Tac channel to operate on just for the grounds. When I go down I am going to throw my scanner in my bag.

I also am going to throw the stampede system in the scanner too.

Question 2: I bought a new JEEP and I have removed my old antenna ( A Through glass ) antenna from my car. I did not damage it at all, however I had to peal the original sticky away. Anyone know where to buy REALLY sticky double sided pads so I can re-fix this to my new truck.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Question: With Stampede coming up will ems/fire/police have a separate Tac channel to operate on just for the grounds. When I go down I am going to throw my scanner in my bag.

I also am going to throw the stampede system in the scanner too.

Short answer: Yes.

Long(er) answer:

EMS uses channel A11 to talk to Stampede Medical and/or duty trucks assigned to Stampede service (grounds, Chucks, etc.) - however, it's a toss-up whether it's gonna be 16848 or 16912. When the EMS radio talkgroups were implemented, there was an A11 TAC created and an A11 MCI. Some radios have one talkgroup, some radios have the other. It's really a crap shoot to figure out which one will be used - last year, they patched both together so that they didn't have to bother messing around.

Fire historically has booked on special units (Stampede Bush Buggy, which is essentially a spare bush buggy and 2 overtime guys) and put them on a dedicated tac channel for the duration of Stampede (last year it was C6, but the channel loadings have changed dramatically since then).

Police, I would imagine, would use their SPECIAL labeled talkgroups.

The Stampede system is a good idea to have, as well as the TAC Mobility system. Historically a lot of setup and maintenance of outside stuff (i.e. midway, etc) has shown up there.

For your other question - I would probably recommend reposting that part in the Vehicle Installations forum.

HDMechanic

And now for the mechanical gut to step in on the reattaching of the antena. You should be able to get a good double sided sticky tape from an auto parts store. Look for a 3M product as they seem to be the best. What did you buy and we need picks of radio installed.

SCPD

QRT
I was a bit worried about using somthing like goop, incase I have to take it off for whatever reason. Goop is so strong that Im sure it would break my glass. I need somthing thats not going to fall off when I drive 100 - 140 km an hour on the highway. I think 3m might be the way to go. I was also thinking rear view mirror glue.

Thanks for the info Jay.

SCPD

QRT
I was a bit worried about using somthing like goop, incase I have to take it off for whatever reason. Goop is so strong that Im sure it would break my glass. I need somthing thats not going to fall off when I drive 100 - 140 km an hour on the highway. I think 3m might be the way to go. I was also thinking rear view mirror glue.

Thanks for the info Jay.
I use to buy the special double face pads for antennas at Alfa in Edmonton when they were around. Hate to say it CB City in Sherwood park also had them at $ 9.00 each.

yyc_tbird_sc

Go over to partsource, look in/around the body supplies. There's some grey 3M double sided tape with a red plastic cover on one side. This is the stuff that is used to hold most of the moulding on vehicles now a days. It will work for what you need and more...

yyc_tbird_sc

it's used to hold entire strips of body moulding on most vehicles. Just make sure to clean the area on both sides with something like isopropyl alcohol first to remove any grease. Apply the tape and then just press it on as tight as you can. It holds quite a bit.

I'm not sure how big your antenna is....but it should hold it.

smason

When I changed vehicles and moved my Larsen 2/70 I used the genuine Larsen re-install kit.

I think I ordered one from Universal Radio once, the other time I got one from a local commercial radio shop "Glentel or whatever they're called now"

yyc_tbird_sc

Just an FYI...most of the independant stands are usually using FRS or GMRS radios. I think I may have even heard them on MURS. The midway rides are on either 151.085 or 151.625 according to Industry Canada's database.

Status
Not open for further replies.