The Heck is a T1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reconrider

To make sure it works.

To test readiness.
Is it something they do after an upgrade or change of something?

I can't understand why they would do a test during the day hours
ps: I wasn't listening to them before they said the 'T1 is over'

cg

Premium Subscriber
They used to do them (T1) fairly often, perhaps every 3 to 6 months. I was told that the troopers have to tell their troop whenever they leave the state and when they return. I believe this test is for every trooper to check in and indicate their availability for response.

chris

Cheeseburgers

So I use a G5 and H Simulcast site 28 primarily, I have all troop TGs on knob 1, and I heard the call out of H and then everyone started checking in, can they do a statewide call on a TG other than the sw comms? I should plug the SW comms back in I guess.

cg

Premium Subscriber
All the Troop groups were patched together so every troop heard the same message at the same time.

chris

Reconrider

All the Troop groups were patched together so every troop heard the same message at the same time.

chris

How do you know they get patched together? I'm still learning this stuff

cg

Premium Subscriber
Using DSDPlus. Patches are use often, not daily but quite often. Sometimes troopers switch to another troop's talkgroup, other times a patch is set up. If the CSP did more chases, you would probably hear them used more. It is good to see them using the technology that is available. Other agencies use them too, I think during the winter DEEP TGs are all patched together for the weekends.

chris

ecps92

Same could be seen with the old DoS Trunker, and likely with Unitrunker as well now.

Using DSDPlus. Patches are use often, not daily but quite often. Sometimes troopers switch to another troop's talkgroup, other times a patch is set up. If the CSP did more chases, you would probably hear them used more. It is good to see them using the technology that is available. Other agencies use them too, I think during the winter DEEP TGs are all patched together for the weekends.

chris

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
Signal T-1's are done regularly to make sure all personnel respond in for a full department mobilization. There are some obvious exceptions for calling in / responding (ie sick, vacation, off duty for injury, ect.). With all that was going on lately, they probably up the test calls more so. When you hear HQ call out a "SIGNAL 1" then you know its the real deal. I don't remember ever hearing a signal 1 during my time dispatching for CSP, but I'm sure when 9/11/01 happened, it was transmitted. (I was at C-Med New Haven at the time).

Plus the old system was easy to patch in other talkgroups with each other, I assume the new system isnt much different at the consoles. We could do this at the troops with the neighboring troops for INTRA-opreability. It gets done a regular basis when chases or searches are crossed over the district boarders, especially since G covers 95 through New Haven / East Haven and up 91 to exit 3. Many times Troops I & G were patched together when I worked there.

Status
Not open for further replies.