The little corner of my desk...

Status
Not open for further replies.

W2SJW

Database Admin
Of course, I don't keep all the HT's there - they usually sit on top of my router. But with such a busy computer desk, I make do with what I have...

(Pics of the FT-7800 in my work truck to follow, once I get the lighting right...)

Last edited:

W2SJW

Database Admin
The 396 is great! I have the latest firmware, made the changes to the digital AGC & set my digital systems to AUTO-7, and she works like a champ!

I use it almost exclusively for 800 & UHF trunk systems, so the RS 800 MHz antenna really does a great job...

W2SJW

Database Admin
IW_RADIO said:
Very nice! How do you like FT-60? I love mine !!!

Now that I have it modded, I can say HANDS DOWN that it's the best, most useful HT I've ever owned!

Sure, my MTS2000 is nice, but have you ever carried one of those with even just a standard battery on your belt for hours? :D

BTW - BatteriesAmerica.com now has 2000 mAh NiMH packs for less than $40.00 for the FT-60. They're pre-conditioned, and can go right from the package into a fast-charger (don't try doing that with the factory packs!)

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
KC8JPZ said:
I'm definetly a fan of big knobs.

Have you met my G/F? :D :D :D :D

W2SJW said:
Sure, my MTS2000 is nice, but have you ever carried one of those with even just a standard battery on your belt for hours? :D

I carry a MTX9000 for hours, but by time I add up all of the other crap I carry at work, whats a little extra radio weight :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.