The Little "Shack" That Could

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewSDScanner

I like your set-up. Question... What do you use the transceivers for? Mainly listening or do you transmit too? I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to HAM stuff. I don't even know what people do with HAM... I scan but I don't understand the ham stuff.

Rt169Radio

Premium Subscriber
Nice looking,I like the 4th picture and the Yaesu radios in it.

SCPD

QRT
I like your set-up. Question... What do you use the transceivers for? Mainly listening or do you transmit too? I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to HAM stuff. I don't even know what people do with HAM... I scan but I don't understand the ham stuff.

As far as the transceivers go ... I guess I do both receiving and transmitting, probably 99% listening and 1% transmitting. As far as Ham goes .. they are 144-148 MHz for 2 meters and 430-450 MHz for 70 cm.

If you want to find out more about HAM (Amateur radio) check out American Radio Relay League | ARRL - The national association for AMATEUR RADIO or even the Amateur Radio forum here at RR.

There are hundreds if not thousands of hams that hang out here on RR. If you are interested in amateur radio, I would suggest just asking at the appropriate amateur forum.

Just so there is no confusion .. scanning is my passion, but amateur radio is just a bonus.

Status
Not open for further replies.