The Long Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pacmannion

Passed my Tech test on Saturday and since a friend happened to invite me over to his house in Salem, NH, I decided, hey, I just passed my test, why not stop at HRO and get myself my first radio, and decided to get myself a Yaesu VX-6R since 220 repeaters are a plenty around here.

Now, it's just the long wait... waiting for the FCC in Gettysburg to issue my callsign so I finally press that PTT button and talk to others, instead of just listening for the time being. ;)

ko6jw_2

Premium Subscriber
Define long wait. Depending on your VEC it should be a few days at most. When I was first licensed it took between 8 and 12 WEEKS to get your license. No on line service and no transmitting until the paper license arrived.

k6cpo

Again, it all depends on the VEC. Some VE teams have to physically mail the test results to their VEC while others transmit it electronically. I know I can administer an examination on a Saturday and the results usually appear in the FCC ULS the following Monday morning.

Pacmannion

Define long wait. Depending on your VEC it should be a few days at most. When I was first licensed it took between 8 and 12 WEEKS to get your license. No on line service and no transmitting until the paper license arrived.

Some hyperbole on my part. ;) But I understand that it wasn't always so fast.

Once your license appears in the FCC database, you are good to go. Mine took six days.

My VEC team said Thursday, which is today, so I guess I'll be refreshing ULS alot when I wake up later. :p

wyShack

Premium Subscriber
Congratulations-

When I was first licensed in 1977, I waited about 6 weeks for my license to arrive in the mail. We used to joke the last part of the test was to see if you stayed sane while waiting..(not sure about the last part :)

Status
Not open for further replies.