The Magic BCD396T

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larryfire26

Premium Subscriber
Hello ALL,
Well i guess by this time someone may have actually programmed in a working trunking system in the NYC/Hudson Valley NJ Area! After 100 or more unsuccessful attempts! I would now consider the 396 a great little conventional radio! As for trunking I can venture a guess its all hype and does not do trunking well if at ALL!

If there is anyone out there who can convince me other wise that would be great! I have tried all the systems in various setups! Nothing at all! I can hear the control channels digital buzz but thats it when in conventional mode! I have been using unidens for 25 years and never had a problem till now!

Nycomco, nyc LTR, even NJ trunking systems! all of them. If someone has an actual working trunking system and would like to share that would also be great! Or what in the world am I doing wrong! After programming ICOM's DStar radios one would think that trunking is no problem!

HELP IN NY!!

Caesar

Premium Subscriber
Larryfire26 said:
Hello ALL,
Well i guess by this time someone may have actually programmed in a working trunking system in the NYC/Hudson Valley NJ Area! After 100 or more unsuccessful attempts! I would now consider the 396 a great little conventional radio! As for trunking I can venture a guess its all hype and does not do trunking well if at ALL!

If there is anyone out there who can convince me other wise that would be great! I have tried all the systems in various setups! Nothing at all! I can hear the control channels digital buzz but thats it when in conventional mode! I have been using unidens for 25 years and never had a problem till now!

Nycomco, nyc LTR, even NJ trunking systems! all of them. If someone has an actual working trunking system and would like to share that would also be great! Or what in the world am I doing wrong! After programming ICOM's DStar radios one would think that trunking is no problem!

HELP IN NY!!

if danny can't help try your NY and NJ forums for localized help...

n2mdk

Exactly which systems are you trying to program. The database links to them would be helpful.
Save yourself the headache download one of the software packages, BCTool and FreeScan are free. You have a premium membership so you can do a direct download from the database inti the software, then upload that to the scanner.

rhutch

Well I've been using it on trunked systems exclusively for the last 3 years, so, I don't think its the radios fault.

What software are you using? I have found that programming trunking systems by hand on the unit is a PIA. I sure that someone could send you the appropriate file.

Status
Not open for further replies.