The Mean Green Monitoring Machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
Ok, so I got bored. I dressed up my other SDS200 with the after-market Green Zombie knobs to match my keyboard and digital clock. Yay? Nay? Ok, will get some pics then restore it to its original knobs. I know, I know, I just had to try them. ;) Like I said, I'm bored.

MeanGreen2.jpg

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Ok, so I got bored. I dressed up my other SDS200 with the after-market Green Zombie knobs to match my keyboard and digital clock. Yay? Nay? Ok, will get some pics then restore it to its original knobs. I know, I know, I just had to try them. ;) Like I said, I'm bored.

View attachment 102445
I think it looks good. You clock display is green, as is the backlight on the keyboard, so the green knobs fall right into place.

dlwtrunked

Premium Subscriber
I have the "orange" replacement ones and like them better than the green. In either case, the new ones are much more visible than the orignal black Volume and Squelch/Menu ones when the scanner is in dimmer light.

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
The more I look at it the more I like it. I also bought the matching knob for my SDS100. Gonna buy the orange ones for a Christmas theme. :) oh no...don’t get me started!

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
The more I look at it the more I like it. I also bought the matching knob for my SDS100. Gonna buy the orange ones for a Christmas theme. :) oh no...don’t get me started!
Maybe hold out for some knobs that can be voice controlled for color. Then you could ask:
“Twinkle twinkle little star, I wonder what color that you are”. 🤔

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
I like it. I like the clock too. Where can it be had?

Dave

The clock I bought on Amazon, just do a search for green digital clock and its one of the first links that pops up. The guy with the green knobs (and others) is on eBay - do a search for SDS200 accessories and he is one of the first auctions you will see.

I also bought his desk stand for the SDS200. It was a bear to put together but it's pretty nice. Maybe a bit pricey.

Also wanted to mention - the clock I bought has 2 usb charging ports on the rear panel. Extra usb charging ports was a pleasant surprise.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
PSX_20210419_094444.jpg
I don't know how I didn't see this on Saturday JD oh, very cool. I photoshopped the picture up a little and cropped it. Knobs look good.

Status
Not open for further replies.