The Motorola Shuffle Lives

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Today a local PD has "rebanded" and also changed to the Motorola Shuffle system....I changed the freqys to the rebanded ones and entered into my 396XT the "custom rebanding steps but get NO audio on the TGS just see again "i8016"...On the GRE500 i did the same entering all 6 rebanding steps under "custom' but also NO audio on the TG's...Seems there is more to the bandplan needed...Any help will be appreciated....PS: My RS-PRO92 classic that uses the CC-sub audible tone method works great on the system.....

newsphotog

Premium Subscriber
I've heard this term somewhere else and didn't think much of it... but what is referred to as the "Motorola shuffle?"

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
If you put in a "search" on it here on this web site you can read about how Motorola mixes up or reverses the #ing of the freqys in a trunk system coming out of the CC and screwing up what the scanner chooses when there is a transmission....

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
Try programming it without Control Channel only. This will make the radio scan using the same method as the original trunktrackers - with the sub-audible CC info on the voice channels.

robbinsj2

Try programming it without Control Channel only. This will make the radio scan using the same method as the original trunktrackers - with the sub-audible CC info on the voice channels.

Incorrect -- all trunktrackers other than the Pro-92 (and I think only the original, not even the 92A or 92B) rely upon the Motorola control channel. Those which don't have CCOM require that the voice channel also be programmed in, as a sort-of check that it's getting the right frequency. But aside from the Pro-92 none of them used the subaudible data on the voice channels for tuning.

I still love my Pro-92 for that feature in particular. Only recently have modern scanners regained some of the other features which were lost in interim models.

Jim

Last edited:

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
OK, thanks to the quick work of Uniden Rep Paul (Upman) the formula bandplans for the Uniden 346, 396, 996 "XT" models for the Motorola Shuffle are posted on the Uniden threads in the Uniden rr.com ...They work great in these models...The guy that posted that the PRO92classic (first model) will also work is entirely correct as all i did to my PRO92 was change to the rebanded freqys...I would not sell that scanner for any money....

TGP

Premium Subscriber
So,if I understand this correctly I do not need to try this yet on my radios listening to St. Clair County IL. Star Com 21?
Thanks for all you do!
TGP

Status
Not open for further replies.