the mud slide

Status
Not open for further replies.

FFSOD7189

Retired Fire Lieutenant
Premium Subscriber
Those are your local Talk Groups. Good luck trying to listen to USAR WA. Task Force 1 and the rest of the FED.'s

audiboy90

Adding one more frequency that just came across radio traffic.

155.415 - National Guard Helicopters will be communicating to ground crews on this frequency.

Currently two Blackhawks, "Cougar 33 and Cougar 34."

audiboy90

Those are your local Talk Groups. Good luck trying to listen to USAR WA. Task Force 1 and the rest of the FED.'s

Right, can't listen to USAR WA or the FEDs as far as I know. There is lots of radio traffic on the local talk groups. TAC7 and TAC8 are very active and include people searching in the slide.

Stavro35

Who is 155.415?

155.415 - National Guard Helicopters will be communicating to ground crews on this frequency.

Is that a local SNOCOM frequency or state or what?

martidav

KI7VLV
Premium Subscriber
Thank you

Right. Thank you. Heard static-ee blurbs about a hoist - I think. Had two scannies side-by-side so who knows where the chatter came from.

As a father of a newborn, I trust they'll find, but feel grim about them discovering the baby alive. Haven't been keeping up with the news in the past number of hours thanks to someone filling his diaper every so often during mom's absence.

On a side note, he is more attracted to the red of the Bearcats vs. other colors.

Sorry if I'm off topic. Haven't slept much these days... :-(

Stavro35

During the press conference going on right now they mentioned a common frequency is being used by everyone to coordinate the search efforts. Of course they didn't mention the actual frequency. They talk about military aviation being on hand for SAR ops. I have all those common frequencies. But I'm not hearing anything . Does anyone have any ideas or confirmed information in this regard?

martidav

KI7VLV
Premium Subscriber
During the press conference going on right now they mentioned a common frequency is being used by everyone to coordinate the search efforts. Of course they didn't mention the actual frequency. They talk about military aviation being on hand for SAR ops. I have all those common frequencies. But I'm not hearing anything . Does anyone have any ideas or confirmed information in this regard?
I speculate, but perhaps a line-of-sight and RX (Bainbridge Is) or low power TX issue from their area? I heard them state on MFD Tac 7 some issues with State Ops 2 and related channels.

I'm on a hill in Bellevue and heard 155.415 - confirmed. Went back in my recordings.

martidav

KI7VLV
Premium Subscriber
In certain parts of W. Washington, receiving SnoHo's W Simulcast should not be an issue...depending on your geography. ****Depending on your geography****

I personally have a my BCD396XT trunked to ZERO for all SnoHo sites, W being the only one NOT locked-out. I don't venture out E very often, say for low photography fly-overs.

I Grouped all muni's 1 through 0 based on personal preference/visitation. I have peops in Lynnhood, Edmonds, Mulketo, etc etc. I ordered them via interaction.

Sorry if off topic.

audiboy90

Is that a local SNOCOM frequency or state or what?

On the radio chatter they called 155.415 a SARs Simplex frequency. I'm assuming maybe that belongs to SNOCOM but don't know for sure.

It sounds like the searchers on the ground are using trunked systems only, at each Landing Zone a radio capable of communicating on 155.415 had to be brought down so the coordinator at the LZ could talk with the helicopters.

rodentkj

Feed Provider
Funny how things get confusing so quick.

Regarding the SERS 800 trunk radio system. Several of the talkgroups are currently being used for the rescue and recovery of victims.

• TAC 7
  • TAC 8
  • PSPOS N3
  • PSOPS N4
  • DEM
I forget which side is using which TAC. But TAC 7 and 8 are being used for operations for the different search groups on each side of the pile. It's referred to as East and West Branch.

PSOPS N3 is being used by Air Branch, Air Ops and Air Tac. Sgt.Danny Wikstrom, aka Robert1 in the Snohomish County SAR world, is who is behind the mic for Air Tac. Both SNOHAWK choppers where using this talkgroup to communicate during the first few days. I have heard Law Enforcement Branch and WSP Dispatch randomly jump on in too.

As of the morning of 3/26 both SNOHAWK choppers have been stood down. Enter in the two blackhawk choppers. Respectfully Cougar 33 & 44. This is when ground to air operations was switched to 155.415 - simplex. Presumably because the blackhawk choppers do not have the ability to get on the SERS TRS. This morning the coordination of handing out the portables to the different groups was organized on PSOPS N3. Likely a bunch of portable radios that Sno County already had.

And 155.415 is the VHF frequency the Snohomish County Search & Rescue group uses for missions. They communicate / operate with SNOPAC. It's sometimes patched to SERS SAR talkgorup 1616. In this case they are using it for simplex ground to air comms.

123.1 and 155.370 (LERN) was also used when the WPS Smokey unit was in the area the first couple of days.
Sounds like one of the Smokey units may be back tomorrow. The closed airspace has been violated several times. This afternoon I heard they were going to request one of the WSP air units to patrol area during the day operations.

Last edited:

wildland23

Looked up 155.415 in an old 2002 frequency directory. Was licensed to Sno-Co Sheriff as F-1 car to car. Also several other city PD's in Sno-Co were licensed.

audiboy90

Regarding the SERS 800 trunk radio system. Several of the talkgroups are currently being used for the rescue and recovery of victims.

• TAC 7
  • TAC 8
  • PSPOS N3
  • PSOPS N4
  • DEM
I forget which side is using which TAC. But TAC 7 and 8 are being used for operations for the different search groups on each side of the pile. It's referred to as East and West Branch.

PSOPS N3 is being used by Air Branch, Air Ops and Air Tac. Sgt.Danny Wikstrom, aka Robert1 in the Snohomish County SAR world, is who is behind the mic for Air Tac. Both SNOHAWK choppers where using this talkgroup to communicate during the first few days. I have heard Law Enforcement Branch and WSP Dispatch randomly jump on in too.

As of the morning of 3/26 both SNOHAWK choppers have been stood down. Enter in the two blackhawk choppers. Respectfully Cougar 33 & 44. This is when ground to air operations was switched to 155.415 - simplex. Presumably because the blackhawk choppers do not have the ability to get on the SERS TRS. This morning the coordination of handing out the portables to the different groups was organized on PSOPS N3. Likely a bunch of portable radios that Sno County already had.

And 155.415 is the VHF frequency the Snohomish County Search & Rescue group uses for missions. They communicate / operate with SNOPAC. It's sometimes patched to SERS SAR talkgorup 1616. In this case they are using it for simplex ground to air comms.

123.1 and 155.370 (LERN) was also used when the WPS Smokey unit was in the area the first couple of days.
Sounds like one of the Smokey units may be back tomorrow. The closed airspace has been violated several times. This afternoon I heard they were going to request one of the WSP air units to patrol area during the day operations.

Rodentkj - thank you for the additional information! It has cleared up several logistical things I've been wondering about the last couple of days.

Regarding the Blackhawks, I'm a bit confused as to what the second helicopter's call sign was as I heard it referred to as Cougar 34 a couple of different times in the morning, then later in the day it was being referred to as Cougar 44.

In the afternoon while the Blackhawks were sitting at Arlington Airport I also heard at least one person refer to them as Chinooks but they were clearly Blackhawks as one of them (I believe it was Cougar 33 giving the FEMA assessment tour) flew over my house at low altitude around 6:30PM tonight.

martidav

KI7VLV
Premium Subscriber
Huh?

RR does a great job at sorting it out.

• TAC 7
  • TAC 8
  • PSPOS N3
  • PSOPS N4
  • DEM

rodentkj

Feed Provider
Regarding the Blackhawks, I'm a bit confused as to what the second helicopter's call sign was as I heard it referred to as Cougar 34 a couple of different times in the morning, then later in the day it was being referred to as Cougar 44.
Could be a number of reason. Likely just a mistake. Sgt. Wikstrom refers to them as Cougar 33 & 44 so that is there call sign.

In the afternoon while the Blackhawks were sitting at Arlington Airport I also heard at least one person refer to them as Chinooks but they were clearly Blackhawks as one of them (I believe it was Cougar 33 giving the FEMA assessment tour) flew over my house at low altitude around 6:30PM tonight.
Again, just a mistake. And yes they picked up some officials to do a fly over.

Status
Not open for further replies.