The NBA. Who cares?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Ok, so the NBA is back in session.
There was an interesting question poised on Detroit Sports radio,
What it basically was asking if anyone really cared if the NBA came back or not.
Seems that, at least as far as the callers were concerned, the NBA isn't nearly as much a big deal as the media plays them up to be. Funny thing was, the jocks were kinda shocked at the amount of callers that were saying they really didn't care about 'em coming back, and didn't really miss 'em.
One of the callers asked the talk jocks to ask all their non-media friends if they really cared that much about pro basketball.
Interesting thing also, some of the callers said they really love and follow college hoops, but don't care that much for pro hoops.

So what about RR sports fans.
The NBA. Take it or leave it? Are you passionate about pro basketball, or is it more, whatever?

EJB

What it basically was asking if anyone really cared if the NBA came back or not.
Seems that, at least as far as the callers were concerned, the NBA isn't nearly as much a big deal as the media plays them up to be. Funny thing was, the jocks were kinda shocked at the amount of callers that were saying they really didn't care about 'em coming back, and didn't really miss 'em.
One of the callers asked the talk jocks to ask all their non-media friends if they really cared that much about pro basketball.
Interesting thing also, some of the callers said they really love and follow college hoops, but don't care that much for pro hoops.

The NBA. Take it or leave it? Are you passionate about pro basketball, or is it more, whatever?
Dont care at all, never did, never will.

ecps92

WoW the Celtics actually won a game this year,. Woo 1 game.

Now we return you to the NHL and the NFL, we are sorry for this minor interuption. :D Go Bruins

Thayne

Premium Subscriber
I don't care anymore, after the way all the "legends in their own minds" superstars like Lebron, & Kobe, & Carmelo act--if you don't buy into the hype I would rather watch high school or college players.

russellmaher

Nba

I don't care anymore, after the way all the "legends in their own minds" superstars like Lebron, & Kobe, & Carmelo act--if you don't buy into the hype I would rather watch high school or college players.

N.B.A. the letters sum up those players exactly...

Narcissists
Boring
A..holes

n5ims

We should ALL care. Don't go to any games. Don't watch them on TV. Don't buy their merchandise. If it's related to the NBA, just say NO!. If we all do that perhaps (just perhaps since both the owners and players live in their own world, not ours) they'll realize just how utterly stupid the lockout/strike was since it showed just how much they value US, the fans that USED TO enjoy their games.

SCPD

QRT
You guys are burnt! I have been a fan of the game of basketball mainly the Boston Celtics since I was a kid. The NBA is not perfect and yes many players may be overpaid but I still love the game! And by the way so do hundreds of thousands of other basketball fans!

Last edited:

Stavro35

I prefer major league baseball above all others sports . But strikes and lockouts do harm the economy of cities where there are sports teams. I imagine the Sonics going to Oklahoma city did a number on Seattle for a period of time. It'll be interesting to see what happens if the Clippers come here

Thayne

Premium Subscriber
The shortened season seems like it has caused a lot of fatigue and injuries, not really fair to the players or fans--but I guess they need the $$:p

Darth_vader

I've gotten by this many years without caring. I think I can count on one hand the number of times in my life I've seen a "professional" basketball show in its entirety and still have approximately four fingers left over.

Yawn.

Status
Not open for further replies.