The New Primary Shack!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC2GVX

Premium Subscriber
I spent all day getting the shack remodeled. Now that everything works, I just need to re-program all the radios. First picture is an overview of the corner.

Here is the left side. First is an extra computer for radio programming, data decoding, and I use it for video capturing. Under the LCD monitor is an old PRO 2020. Next over are the PRO 2006 and 2004. On the shelf from top left over is a PRO 2035, 2032, equilizer for the stereo, PRO 2055, BC 780, PRO 2053, XM Skyfi, and a PRO 2096.

On the front desk looking out the window is my main computer running dual monitors with a PRO 2051 and PRO 2041 on the left side. On the right side is a BC 895 mounted under the desk.

I think I am going to mount 2 more scanners under the left desk when I get more money and more radios.

KC2GVX

Premium Subscriber
Thanks, and in case anyone wants one of those tables, they are at Target on clearance for $38. You can find them in the back-to-college area, or regular furniture section. They are sturdy and can support a good amount of equipment. Plus, you have those 2 shelves underneath where you can put 2 computer towers.

pathalogical

Nice setup ! I'm sure those radios keep your ears very busy. Is it ok to stack radios on top of each other ? Do they need some spacing to allow air circulation or allow heat to dissipate ?

KC2GVX

Premium Subscriber
I have had no problems over the years. Most radios have "feet" to allow for adequate spacing. The only issue I have is the speakers. You have to fold down the feet on some to allow for noise to come out the front. I just added a PRO 2044 today on top of the PRO 2006. I have a use for each radio now, except the 2044.

Chev_am

Hahaha, I like the plates on the wall, I collect license plates too. And nice radios!

Status
Not open for further replies.