• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

The NEXT dumb question....Please select a profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premium Subscriber
OK, I think I was successful in putting one system in! Knob position one, done! (I'll know tonite if I did it right...). I'm trying to put another system on to Knob slot 2, and it keeps giving me the "Please select a profile', and I've tried everything for the past 2 hours, without success. I even totally shut down the system....and now I can't even find the radio reference data. I don't see a radio button, or anything else.

Any additional assistance much appreciated. I would happily pay folding money to someone who would write a simple programming guide for this thing!

Last edited:

bob550

Premium Subscriber
We could provide more help if you tell us the model of G-series you have, the firmware version, and the version of PPS you are using. If you are attempting to import from RadioReference, you should import only after opening the profile you have created. I recreated the "Please Select a Profile" message when attempting to import a system before opening my existing profile for editing. I was able to back out, open my profile, and successfully import the system from RR. You should find considerable programming help for the latest PPS version on this forum.

Premium Subscriber
Thanks, everyone for ALL your assistance. Well, when I got home the unication wouldn't pick up my home county (the out of range) and with all the other issues this thing has given me, I've decided to sell it. Posted on fleabay today!

tunnelmot

Premium Subscriber
Damn. That was over quick.

The Unications were originally intended as authorized system receivers. They require a bit more programming than a consumer scanner, but slightly less than an authorized system PTT subscriber. The ultimate balance if you ask me. Nothing less than flawless rx on my local systems...

Right of the cuff by what little you've described, myself or several others on the forum probably could have assisted fairly easily after looking over your prog file and system...but whatever.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

bob550

Premium Subscriber
Patience is a requirement of programming the G-series, although it's far easier now with the RR import feature. In any event, it's not a process you can sleepwalk through.

eorange

♦Insane Asylum Premium Member♦
C'mon, it's not that hard. Define a trunking system with the usual parameters you should already know about, associate with TGIDs, set up zones, done.

Professional radios are not for appliance operators.

Status
Not open for further replies.