The night I took part in capturing a wanted man

Status
Not open for further replies.

funcritter

Tonight, Wednesday, I was delivering pizzas just as usual on a normal weekday. I get a delivery going to a side street in Adams County just off Greenwood Blvd on Ebony drive.

I pull onto Ebony drive and the house that I needed to go to was the first house on the right from the corner. I pull to the curb, grab the pizza and soda and head up the driveway. Just as I was walking up, a large SUV with tinted windows pulled up and about 7-8 Adams County Sheriff's jumped out and told me to just go on up and ring the doorbell like I normally would because the guy who ordered the pizza was going to jail. I knocked on the door twice and got no answer and the house looked dark inside and no porch light on. I whispered to the one guy crouched down to the left of the door that I could call the guy and get him to come to the door. I did and the guy came to the door a minute later. The guy opened the main inside door and hesitated a minute, I think he sensed something was wrong. He opened the door and the Sheriffs guys grabbed him so fast and they knew he was the wrong guy. They asked him where the guy was they were looking for and a few of the other guys ran into the house. I went and stood by the car now and after 3 minutes or so they came out with the wanted man handcuffed.

These guys were obviously staked out on the side street with a good view of the house. I remember that when I pulled up to the house that I could see the SUVs headlights come on behind me on the side street and then turn onto the street I was on and pull up behind me.

It took me a few minutes to realize that these guys were really Sheriff's and that it was just like I saw on Cops!

So anyways, it turns out the first guy was ok, he ordered the pizza, I was able to give it to him and still manage to get a tip after all this!

As I was driving away the Sherrifs still had the guy next to the SUV talking to him.

I gotta admit it was very cool and scarey at the same time knowing I was gonna help these guys get their man, they were just waiting for the right opportunity.

How many guys out ther can say they got to knock on the door of a house while the Sherriff guys were sourrounding it? Good stuff! I kept laughing about it the rest of the night.

NeFire242

Premium Subscriber
That's great work. Your story almost sounds like one involving a wrong number to a pizza place here in the Omaha metro. They accidently dialed 911 instead of a 991 number. Needless to say not only did the pizza guy show up but so did a few cruisers and they took a guy who was wanted away from the house.

http://www.ketv.com/newsarchive/9682438/detail.html

I got a call from PD to unlock a town house. The dispatcher just told me police business. On my way to the location I was wondering what I was getting my self into. I pulled up 6 officers in SWAT gear. The house had video cameras a round it, I was so nervous I could not pick the lock the police told me as soon as I get it open they said move, the lock picked they stormed the town house with weapons drawn yelling and screaming police come out, they found 2 people hidden took them into custody, My heart was racing and was ready to dodge bullets. The landlord requested the police not to damage the door jam. I sure did charge extra $$$

10-95

I gotta admit it was very cool and scarey at the same time knowing I was gonna help these guys get their man, they were just waiting for the right opportunity

A very bone head move on the part of the officers. They should have had one of their own take the Pizza an attempt delivery themselves. It may seem "cool" to you but had the guy been armed and decided to freak and shoot you it would have been far from cool.

I would have handed the Pizza to the cop and said "I deliver Pizza's, I don't have a vest on and I ain't a cop.

10-95 said:
I gotta admit it was very cool and scarey at the same time knowing I was gonna help these guys get their man, they were just waiting for the right opportunity

A very bone head move on the part of the officers. They should have had one of their own take the Pizza an attempt delivery themselves. It may seem "cool" to you but had the guy been armed and decided to freak and shoot you it would have been far from cool.

I would have handed the Pizza to the cop and said "I deliver Pizza's, I don't have a vest on and I ain't a cop.
They gave me a vest and helmet, But I had to tell them no can do with out & they where using Nextel so heard no action on the way there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.