• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

The Official Latest G4/G5 Firmware and PPS Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
@ JRush311 Today! hahahha .. works great now .... same for BT fix which I can only guess was included in "various other under the hood fixes" as it wasn't listed specifically. All my BT stuff works with no tones before a call now. Wooo hooo!

Last edited by a moderator:

Fireguy15

Looking for some help here before I turn to Unication. I installed the newest PPS last week I think and it opened fine besides not allowing my previous program to be used. Now, no matter what I do, the program will not open.

I have removed all previous iterations, verified the program folder is gone, ran the installer as admin, started the program as admin and still will not start.

I have also tried running it in compatibility mode and also fails to open.

Any ideas?

Fireguy15

Used Revo a few times including a restart and still had no luck. Changed the install directory away from the default C:Unication to the ProgramFile (x86) and it came back to life!

Thanks for the help!

Fireguy15

and....... when I shut it down and went to open again, it doesn't work.........

Used the contact form on Unications page, and now the waiting game begins.

Last edited:

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
I felt your pain. Like I said, besides looking for C: Unication you have to search for C: G Series PPS and make it all go away if you haven’t. Every last file. It’s the only way I got it to work. Unication was no help FYI.

N6ML

Refresh my memory, what echo was introduced in V1.20?

MaXKiLLz

DewAddict

I had a G4 for a short time in March of 2018. At that time in Michigan the firmware would drop signal/transmissions randomly which I started a thread about. At the time I had to go back to R11P to make it work. My questions is, how many releases have there been since that time? Anyone in Michigan know if the issue was resolved with the Michigan P25 phase 1 system and dropouts? I am thinking of getting another G4 if it works properly now. Basically the G4 would lose the signal for a few transmissions and then come back to life, while my scaner was receiving the missed transmission. Thanks for the info.

kg4pbd

I had a G4 for a short time in March of 2018. At that time in Michigan the firmware would drop signal/transmissions randomly which I started a thread about. At the time I had to go back to R11P to make it work. My questions is, how many releases have there been since that time? Anyone in Michigan know if the issue was resolved with the Michigan P25 phase 1 system and dropouts? I am thinking of getting another G4 if it works properly now. Basically the G4 would lose the signal for a few transmissions and then come back to life, while my scaner was receiving the missed transmission. Thanks for the info.

I had a similar issue on the Charlotte UASI system, but only on patched talkgroups. As soon as a the tx stopped the radio would lose signal for a few seconds, and then resume. No idea why it was only affecting patched talkgroups, but it was resolved for me when I sent the radio back for the Ph2 upgrade, which now isn't necessary. I'm running 1.2 and no issues.

krokus

Premium Subscriber

I am running v1.2 on my G4, and routinely lose a few seconds of audio during transmissions. (Usually just enough to miss the address/location of the incident being dispatched.)

Status
Not open for further replies.