• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

The Official Latest G4/G5 Firmware and PPS Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
Audio clipping on the recordings has always been an issue. But im hearing that it is being addressed and hopefully fixed when the next firmware gets released. keeping fingers crossed.

hummin24

Feed Provider
The echo issue NEEDS to be resolved. You cant even listen to it in the amp/charger because its to anooying. Come on Unication!

dancrosoft

The echo issue NEEDS to be resolved. You cant even listen to it in the amp/charger because its to anooying. Come on Unication!

I dont have an echo issue? I have 2 G5s. Every now and then I will have an issue where no audio comes out of the amp speaker. I just undock/dock and its fixed.

hummin24

Feed Provider
I dont have an echo issue? I have 2 G5s. Every now and then I will have an issue where no audio comes out of the amp speaker. I just undock/dock and its fixed.

Scroll down to the post/video by ATJEFF this is the exact issues I and others have.

page-8

blackbelter

I have also experienced the no audio from my speaker amp however after reading the manual , I now turn on the pager before placing it in the charger with no audio issues from the speaker .

JASII

Memory Capacity
Does anybody here happen to know what changes are going to be made in the next firmware update? Is anybody currently beta testing any newer firmware or isn't it that far along yet?

N6ML

Read the lone sticky at the top of this forum.

That pertains to the release following the next. There is a release that it almost ready now (does NOT have the Trunking Free Scan). I haven't seen a list of its features/fixes yet.

mdsxfire

EDBM
Has this thread been discontinued? Is there another thread for Unication updates/upgrades?

TIA
no, there just hasnt been any news in the last few weeks, the 1.3 beta is out in the wild as is the first edition of the 1.4 beta, they are working on some of the issues that were reported in the first 1.4 and will be re releasing it to anyone who uploaded their profile, hopefully in the near future

wb4sqi

Premium Subscriber
no, there just hasnt been any news in the last few weeks, the 1.3 beta is out in the wild as is the first edition of the 1.4 beta, they are working on some of the issues that were reported in the first 1.4 and will be re releasing it to anyone who uploaded their profile, hopefully in the near future

Thanks, the 5 month gap had me concerned.

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
Forgive me if this has already been asked (I searched the forum, no results) but is Unication PPS able to be downloaded to a Chromebook?

N6ML

Forgive me if this has already been asked (I searched the forum, no results) but is Unication PPS able to be downloaded to a Chromebook?

I imagine you could download it, but running it is a whole other story. You might be able to get it to run under Crossover, but I doubt you'd be able to get it to talk to a pager, since that depends on RNDIS (Ethernet over USB).

The short answer is (AFAIK): PPS is only supported on Windows PCs

tsalmrsystemtech

Premium Subscriber
The source is from Facebook and its all over the RR.com boards. I have had lots of problems with my amplified charger not working properly and Unication directly told me that this new firmware might fix my issues before sending out my third amplified charger.

So yes the source is straight from the monkey's mouth. Unication

Charlie1068

Premium Subscriber
I’ve only seen the one video on Facebook saying a few days but I’ve seen a lot of people saying a few weeks which one is it and if possible can someone link the confirmed source from Unication

N6ML

It'll be released when they're confident that there are no major issues remaining (from pre-release testing). I have heard, from a credible source, that the intent is to release it this week. Patience, grasshoppers ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.