• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

The Official Latest G4/G5 Firmware and PPS Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

radio3353

The source is from Facebook and its all over the RR.com boards. I have had lots of problems with my amplified charger not working properly and Unication directly told me that this new firmware might fix my issues before sending out my third amplified charger.

So yes the source is straight from the monkey's mouth. Unication

Well, to each his own. I don't consider Facebook credible for anything and the quotes I referenced are from the RR.com board (see here). I don't see the "monkey's mouth" you speak of. Unication has not come on here (or anywhere) and said anything about when the new firmware and PPS will be released. As with many things in life, it will happen when it happens in spite of the endless speculation and "I heard" this and that here. Moving on...anxiously awaiting the release.

tsalmrsystemtech

Premium Subscriber
Well this is the way I look at it. No reason to be negative and stay positive. This radio is not a consumer grade radio.

Unication is considered a commercial grade radio/pager company. So just slapping out firmware upgrades one right after another does not make the company look good. It's good they take their time testing and testing and testing. Have their beta testers too.

This is why I bought two of these radios. They perform pretty flawless and are spot on with trunking simulcasting and the sensitivity is from here to the moon on these radios. If you look at Ray's Pager Facebook page you will see a video on the new firmware update in action. So it looks pretty close to being released. The multi site trunking is going to be a nice feature upgrade. Hopefully it fixes the amplified charger issues too.

blackbelter

The source is from Facebook and its all over the RR.com boards. I have had lots of problems with my amplified charger not working properly and Unication directly told me that this new firmware might fix my issues before sending out my third amplified charger.

So yes the source is straight from the monkey's mouth. Unication
What are the exact issues you are having with your amp charger ?

AdamHLG

Give it another couple days and everyone will be happy. Maybe not even another couple of days :--) As others have stated.... the release appears to be imminent.

fordcobra04

Premium Subscriber
Well, to each his own. I don't consider Facebook credible for anything and the quotes I referenced are from the RR.com board (see here). I don't see the "monkey's mouth" you speak of. Unication has not come on here (or anywhere) and said anything about when the new firmware and PPS will be released. As with many things in life, it will happen when it happens in spite of the endless speculation and "I heard" this and that here. Moving on...anxiously awaiting the release.
The source on Facebook is Rays Pager Sales. A reputable Unication dealer..... a dealer making statements is pretty credible to me.....

Reactions: wdz

radio3353

The source on Facebook is Rays Pager Sales. A reputable Unication dealer..... a dealer making statements is pretty credible to me.....

Agreed. I bought both of my Unication pagers from Ray and he is top notch. But, the OP said the source was Unication. That is incorrect.

radio3353

Well this is the way I look at it. No reason to be negative and stay positive. This radio is not a consumer grade radio.

Unication is considered a commercial grade radio/pager company. So just slapping out firmware upgrades one right after another does not make the company look good. It's good they take their time testing and testing and testing. Have their beta testers too.

This is why I bought two of these radios. They perform pretty flawless and are spot on with trunking simulcasting and the sensitivity is from here to the moon on these radios. If you look at Ray's Pager Facebook page you will see a video on the new firmware update in action. So it looks pretty close to being released. The multi site trunking is going to be a nice feature upgrade. Hopefully it fixes the amplified charger issues too.

I agree with everything you say here.

blackbelter

Would some one please describe the steps to set up the Added Radio ID Contact List feature (Allows user to create a contact list of radio IDs to be displayed) in the newly released 1.3 ?
Thanks in advance

bob550

Premium Subscriber
Would some one please describe the steps to set up the Added Radio ID Contact List feature (Allows user to create a contact list of radio IDs to be displayed) in the newly released 1.3 ?
Thanks in advance
If you already haven't done so, you'll need to spend some time associating the displayed radio ID's with the identity of who's transmitting. That's done by extensive monitoring and note-taking for the system of interest. You can also review recordings, which will also display the radio ID's, to accomplish this.

jpb

Premium Subscriber
No problems installing PPS or updating firmware (the side-by-side video with the upgrade software was a great idea!).

I must have missed something somewhere in the upgrade. The new PPS did not copy the profiles from the prior version. Is there a way to migrate them, or must I export and re-import profiles?

Hit_Factor

No problems installing PPS or updating firmware (the side-by-side video with the upgrade software was a great idea!).

I must have missed something somewhere in the upgrade. The new PPS did not copy the profiles from the prior version. Is there a way to migrate them, or must I export and re-import profiles?
Thats one way, or try reading the pager.

blackbelter

Upon updating to 1.3 I am noticing :
1/ The G5 takes a bit longer to grab the transmitter tower ( under 1.2 was instant ).
2/ when the screen times out and goes blank the hold count down mechanism stops .
seems a bit buggy .

Floridarailfanning

Premium Subscriber
1/ The G5 takes a bit longer to grab the transmitter tower ( under 1.2 was instant ).
2/ when the screen times out and goes blank the hold count down mechanism stops .
seems a bit buggy .
I also noticed on the G4 when you exit out of the Diagnostics tab it losses the current site and roams. RFSS/Site:0/0 is briefly displayed then it will find a new site.

CcSkyEye

I was wondering the same, I thought it would just update the current PPS to the new version.

I have four profiles so I just programmed the pager with the old PPS then read and saved it on the new PPS four times over.

Phrozen

After updating to 1.3, there are now random beeps when someone starts to talk that happen when scanning trunking TG. I did add member lists as well but have no priorities set. Any help appreciated.

KI5IRE

Premium Subscriber
After updating to 1.3, there are now random beeps when someone starts to talk that happen when scanning trunking TG. I did add member lists as well but have no priorities set. Any help appreciated.

Check your tone settings in PPS tab D-4 if you haven't already. Sounds like you may have possibly enabled "alert tone" by accident. This should be set to none. Also, if you're going through Bluetooth, make sure you check your settings in the D-7 tab under Bluetooth Headset Setting, make sure the incoming call notification box is deselected.

kikito

Premium Subscriber
seems a bit buggy .
We brought that up in another thread about the screen timeout pausing the countdown and also the pager not being recognized by a computer or the power supply while the screen is dark. ‘Uni1’ acknowledged he was able to replicate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.