• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

The Official Latest G4/G5 Firmware and PPS Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Webodisk

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
After updating to 1.3, there are now random beeps when someone starts to talk that happen when scanning trunking TG. I did add member lists as well but have no priorities set. Any help appreciated.
I had the same issue, somehow voice buffering prompt tone was checked

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
What are the exact issues you are having with your amp charger ?

I don't know if it has anything to do with the 1.3 firmware, but I have an intermittent issue where the audio disappears when the pager is inserted in the amplified charger base, but returns when the pager is removed. Sometimes it runs for hours with no issue, then the audio will just stop.

blackbelter

I don't know if it has anything to do with the 1.3 firmware, but I have an intermittent issue where the audio disappears when the pager is inserted in the amplified charger base, but returns when the pager is removed. Sometimes it runs for hours with no issue, then the audio will just stop.
My amp was just replaced and so far the echo effect has disappeared . Updating to 1.3 has not been smooth thus far .

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
Anyone notice 3.16.22 went available for download today no new firmware but new PPS

N6ML

Anyone notice 3.16.22 went available for download today no new firmware but new PPS

This is (I believe) a result of my pointing out that the dropbox with the beta release with the RR login fix had stopped working, so people could no longer download a version with that fix. The actual version is still V0.3.16 Beta 22.

trido

Premium Subscriber
On V0.3.16 beta 22 this is the info direct from UNI.

It makes no real changes that are worth advertising. It adds nothing its supposedly more stable.

Seth on your Post agree 100 percent I myself gave up went to 1.31.

I can and will Say Unication in
Taiwan
are working on the Unication Scanner as I did get an email from them on this.
Was going to post however at this time I have no detail I can share on the scanner model.
When I have details I will for sure share in the forum.

Where is 1.4 man I've been waiting 2 years it seems still nothing? This is ridiculous

trido

Premium Subscriber
Follow up:
Also I was told this new PPS ver fixed RR log in issues.

Jeff
On V0.3.16 beta 22 this is the info direct from UNI.

It makes no real changes that are worth advertising. It adds nothing its supposedly more stable.

Seth on your Post agree 100 percent I myself gave up went to 1.31.

Taiwan
Was going to post however at this time I have no detail I can share on the scanner model.

JASII

Memory Capacity
If I try to import a large number of Control Channels and Alternate Control Channels from Radio Reference, will the Unication PPS catch any duplicates?

kc9neq

Premium Subscriber
What is the difference between PPS V00-03-16-Beta22 and PPS V00-03-Beta24.
I am currently using a Beta22 on a G5 with no problems.

wwhitby

Feed Provider
Taiwan

Thanks Jeff!

I've decided to wait on getting a G4 until I see what their scanner looks like.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Feature request for the G4/G5 pagers: the ability to cut or boost the audio up to 3dB on a per-talkgroup (or per-frequency), in half-dB steps or better.

Not sure if it's been officially requested already or not. We've got several talkgroups around here which are either too soft or too loud, and a per-talkgroup/frequency audio cut/boost setting would be just the ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.