• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

The Presidents

Status
Not open for further replies.

WQJI916

Anyone had any experience with the President Johnson II USA or the President Johnny III USA CB radios? They look feature packed, but I haven't found any useful reviews on these radios anywhere, just overviews.

WQJI916

I just might do that. But, where I live I would have to buy both units so I could talk to myself and see how they transmit and receive. Not a whole lot of CB activity in upstate NY anymore.

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
I just might do that. But, where I live I would have to buy both units so I could talk to myself and see how they transmit and receive. Not a whole lot of CB activity in upstate NY anymore.
I run a president grant 2 in the mobile. I like it. It's a pretty simple export radio to use. Always get compliments on how nice and clean it sounds.

TheSpaceMann

Anyone had any experience with the President Johnson II USA or the President Johnny III USA CB radios? They look feature packed, but I haven't found any useful reviews on these radios anywhere, just overviews.
I don't think that those particular radios have sideband (SSB). I believe that they are AM only.

cb4uusa

President Johnson II USA CB Radio

I'm been an authorized dealer for President Electronics North America since March and have not gotten any complaints.

Here's a review from Adam Hannah........

-- Doing an "A/B" comparison (using a Daiwa CS-201 switch) with the President Johnson II USA, Cobra 25 LTD Classic, and a Cobra 29 LTD Classic (Black Chrome version) was fun. I did a simple "by ear" comparison, mainly to check out the sensitivity, the amount of perceived "bleedover" in each radio's receiver a couple of channels away using channel 8 (thanks, channel 6!), and finally, I checked the effectiveness of the ANL/NB circuit and how well each radio took care of the annoying alternator whine present in my 2013 Chevrolet Silverado 5.3L.

--The Cobra 25 and 29 sounded basically the same when it came to accepting "bleed over", adjacent channel interference, splatter...call it what you will. The President Johnson II USA did a better job of accepting this annoying type of interference and it made listening to conversations a bit easier and more enjoyable. Though this test was done by ear, switching from "A" to "B", it was certainly easy enough to tell what worked better.

--There was this annoying alternator whine that the Cobra 25 and 29 could just not get rid of. Upon installing the President Johnson II USA, though, I was pleasantly surprised how well it got rid of that annoying whine. Finally, a radio that that could somehow filter out that alternator! Big win, President Johnson II USA!

TheSpaceMann

I'm been an authorized dealer for President Electronics North America since March and have not gotten any complaints.

Here's a review from Adam Hannah........

-- Doing an "A/B" comparison (using a Daiwa CS-201 switch) with the President Johnson II USA, Cobra 25 LTD Classic, and a Cobra 29 LTD Classic (Black Chrome version) was fun. I did a simple "by ear" comparison, mainly to check out the sensitivity, the amount of perceived "bleedover" in each radio's receiver a couple of channels away using channel 8 (thanks, channel 6!), and finally, I checked the effectiveness of the ANL/NB circuit and how well each radio took care of the annoying alternator whine present in my 2013 Chevrolet Silverado 5.3L.

--The Cobra 25 and 29 sounded basically the same when it came to accepting "bleed over", adjacent channel interference, splatter...call it what you will. The President Johnson II USA did a better job of accepting this annoying type of interference and it made listening to conversations a bit easier and more enjoyable. Though this test was done by ear, switching from "A" to "B", it was certainly easy enough to tell what worked better.

--There was this annoying alternator whine that the Cobra 25 and 29 could just not get rid of. Upon installing the President Johnson II USA, though, I was pleasantly surprised how well it got rid of that annoying whine. Finally, a radio that that could somehow filter out that alternator! Big win, President Johnson II USA!
There was recently a YouTube comparison between the new President Lincoln and the new President Grant. I believe the Grant also fared better, although they are exports.

KD8DVR

Way overpriced for a cb.

AntiSquid Disclaimer: All comments are personal opinion only and may not indicate a claim of actual fact.

bee

President JFK. Used in the late 80's early 90's. A great CB.

Still have it and it still works great, but haven't used it in several years

SpugEddy

Premium Subscriber
I have an original (1st Generation) President Lincoln (HR-2510)
and I love it. I mostly like the fact that is has been untouched
on the inside (NO MODS). Apparently a lot of the ham guys
love this radio because it is 10 and 11 meter with CW. I use it
on 11 meter Sideband and it works great for me. I also get a lot
of 10 meter activity on it as well. Another nice feature is the scan
feature. Just like a scanner. You can scan in channel mode or
frequency mode

TheSpaceMann

frequency mode
Yep, I have a 2510 as well! Nice little radio with a really good receiver! I have talked all over the world with that radio, especially when it's hooked up to a really good antenna. Those originals are no longer made, but a newer version "President Lincoln 2" is now in production! :)

Delta33

frequency mode
Since it works on 10 and 11meters both, doesn't that make it illegal to be used on 11 meters ?

Status
Not open for further replies.