BC125AT: The radio works fine with USB 5 volt cable, but no longer works with batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

N6JPA

A Ham Radio Operator With too much frequency.
:devilish:When I put the batteries in the radio the radio no longer power ups. These are AA NiMH batteries with the NiMH switch selected in the radio battery bay. The batteries are putting out the proper voltage on a VOM meter and work in other radios. Any one have a clue as to what is going on? I have also tried it with a different pair of batteries with the same results. Running the radio with the supplied 5 Volt USB cable powers up the radio normally.

These are AA NiMH batteries with the NiMH switch selected in the radio battery bay.
1) Exercise the battery switch in case the contacts are dirty

2) Measure both batteries to check voltage as they sit in the scanner.

N6JPA

1) Exercise the battery switch in case the contacts are dirty

2) Measure both batteries to check voltage as they sit in the scanner.
Hi I have done that. The voltage is in normal range with a VOM and played with the switch.

73, Keith

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
I have experienced this on my TRX-1, usually removing and replacing the batteries after a few minutes takes care of it for me.

N6JPA

I have experienced this on my TRX-1, usually removing and replacing the batteries after a few minutes takes care of it for me.
Thanks. I have done that about ten times with the same results. Too bad the radio is out of warranty.

N6JPA

Hi, It looks like my NiMH batteries have a bad cell. So I will buy new batteries and hope it works. Although it doesn't work with alkaline batteries either. The radio is 3 years old so it may be time to buy a new radio. BC125AT Charging issues

N6JPA

Thanks to other threads I was able to find out that my batteries, although new, have bad cells. I was able to use brand new NiMH to use the radio to listen with. The alakaline batteries I tested with were also bad. It is always best to test batteries under a load. 73, Keith

Status
Not open for further replies.