The right choice for the Phoenix Metro/Pinal County area

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omega17632

Hello everyone. I am new to scanning, but have a general knowledge of how RF technology works. I am currently employed in the public safety sector and cover the phoenix metro area and into pinal county.

There is so much freakin info on what to get, and what systems are currently in use that quite honestly it's overwhelming. All I am looking for is a scanner that will pickup all of the Police/Fire Channels in these two counties...that's it! I don't care about anything else but those two.

I'm a point and shoot type of guy and would LOVE someone to tell me what is going to work! If someone could please provide me some assistance, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you

Omega

JDodson

Just about any scanner should cover Pinal fine. I have a base scanner thats old (a Bearcat 210 (10 ch) lol).
For the Phoenix Metro area you'll need a scanner that can do trunking and digital as several of the systems are listed as project 25.

Astrak

You'll need something that is P25 capable. If price is no issue than either go for the Uniden XT series or the GRE PSR 500/600 or Radioshack PRO 106/197 models. They'll all run about $500-$600.

Status
Not open for further replies.