• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

The Rolling Stones in Halifax

Status
Not open for further replies.

richster

I am asking all RR members in the Halifax area to keep an eye on frequencies being used by the Rolling Stones setup crews, personal security, etc. Please post them here when and if you find them.

I know they don't play there until the 23rd, but I will be away on vacation for 3 weeks and the concert will have passed.

When they start setting up to play in Regina the week of October 8th, searching and identifying won't be too much of a pain.

Thanks to all,
Richster.

DaveH

Here's some frequencies I found active when the Stones came to
Ottawa about a year ago. Different city, but some may be the same.
Or, they could be special one-time assignments, time will tell. Anyway,
sweep the whole 451-470 range but I wouldn't stop there.. If there's
no CTCSS/DPL specified, there wasn't one or I didn't find it.

You may want to check other local systems where special-events
rental radios are used.

Dave

461.1375 SX DPL 532
461.2375 RP DPL 311 (also check 466.2375)
461.3375 SX DPL 413
461.5375 SX
463.7625 SX DPL 115
466.0375 SX DPL 532
468.7125 SX PL 206.5
468.8125 SX
468.9125 SX PL 82.5
469.5375 SX PL 250.3
469.6375 SX PL 229.1
469.7375 SX
469.8375 SX PL 162.2
469.9375 SX PL 192.8

Last edited:

tonsoffun

Senior Moderator
Can't remember which concert but I had the crew in the 172.000 range.
So check all the low power freq's which are in the wiki.
Take care

EricCottrell

Database Admin
Hello,

On the last tour they played at Fenway Park in Boston and had a very very huge stage set. It took three or four days to set up and another three or four days to tear down. They actually had two complete sets with one leapfroging the other during the tour. The set really did a number on the outfield grass.

So I would start scanning about a week before the concert. It looks like it will be at a city park so an ear on the Halifax Parks frequencies or talkgroups may tip off the setup. That and the giant cranes in the park :).

73 Eric

DaveH

Eric, you are right, the structure is huge and takes about a week to
set up. I followed the take-down afterwards but there was much less
action than before/during the performance. There were some distinctive
English-type accents that were unmistakable.

Dave

ocscan

Dave;

Have you checked thoses frequencies on TALF or FCC website to see if they come back to a leasing company or production company? I know Christie & Walthers provides such services both side of the border...They also are quick to send out nasty letters from thier lawyers if you list their frequencies...

I know alot of the stuff is sub-contracted out to local companies, if the frequencies usage could be id. I might be able to locate the frequencies that will travel with the show from those that are local...

DaveH

ocscan said:
Dave;

Have you checked thoses frequencies on TALF or FCC website to see if they come back to a leasing company or production company? I know Christie & Walthers provides such services both side of the border...They also are quick to send out nasty letters from thier lawyers if you list their frequencies...

I know alot of the stuff is sub-contracted out to local companies, if the frequencies usage could be id. I might be able to locate the frequencies that will travel with the show from those that are local...
Perhaps C&W would like to have a letter sent out to Industry Canada...

A check of TAFL shows nothing related to a production company. This is
what I have come to expect...temporary use frequencies. Many are not even
in regular use in this area, except some comms that came through an existing
repeater (may have been unintended, operation assigned to the input simplex;
stranger things have happened). If anybody wants to check the FCC ULS
database, go for it; I wouln't know what to do with the likely 10's of thousands
of hits per frequency.

Bottom line, when something like this comes to town, where they might
pop up is not necessarily predictable. There were other frequencies in use
by Amloda (security) and ongoing operations at SuperEX (LTR system). Be
prepared to search around.

Dave

EricCottrell

Database Admin
DaveH said:
Perhaps C&W would like to have a letter sent out to Industry Canada...
Bottom line, when something like this comes to town, where they might
pop up is not necessarily predictable. There were other frequencies in use
by Amloda (security) and ongoing operations at SuperEX (LTR system). Be
prepared to search around.

Dave
Hello,

It is good to know the local radio landscape, both Public Safety and Business. It makes it easier to spot new activity.

I got a surprise a few weeks before the 2004 Democratic Party Convention when I noticed a new Passport Trunked Radio site on the 217 MHz "A" block frequencies. It was a very busy system during the convention and it was moved down to NYC for the Republican Party Convention. The radio shop still has a Passport Trunked Radio system on 220 MHz that has hosted comms for other events. The AMTS frequencies (217) and 220 are starting to be used by FM radio systems here so you can get alot of clear frequencies. It is a band you do not think of for FM activity. I am not sure if 217 and 220 are land mobile in Canada but my point is to search any possible land mobile band even if it is not used in the Halifax area.

Unfortunely I am too far from Foxboro to listen for the September 20th concert frequencies.

73 Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.