• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

The show Emergency! looking for act like a fire pager

Status
Not open for further replies.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
Looking around on Ebay to see my buddy and I were looking for a motorola quick call 1 fire pager and plectron.

RESCUE4NFD

Act Like A Pager

Is it me,or does this post about Emergency ,act like a pager seem strange ?I bet Roy DeSoto and Johnny Gage wouldn't understand it either..................

JMR3865

the NJSFAC has a convention every year. Last year was the first and last year that he was a guest speaker. We got CEU's for the class. He spoke about how his tv show started EMS in the country and that cities were going to him about how to start one up. Within this, he was basiclly saying that EMS is apart of Fire. Now, here is NJ, that is mostly NOT the case. It upsets EMT's when they are told that. This guy was spoken too and kept it up the whole weekend! Rub it in your face kind of attitude. That's the story.

P.S. His wife is not the nicest person (put mildly)

Napalm

What does Marcellus Wallace look like?

Say what again. SAY WHAT AGAIN. I dare you, I double dare you. Say what one more time.

WHAT?

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
Looking for the radio they had on the show. I was half tired when I did this. I was wondering what type of Tone they used like cq1 or something else.

Sorry for the mess up.

Last edited:

Jay911

The tones used on Emergency were old "Quik-Call" version 1 type alerting. It is outdated and you'd be hard pressed to find any of it. A search for 'quik call encoder' on eBay yielded zero results.

I recall there used to be a thread in one of the radio sites' forums where we figured out exactly what tones they were. I can't find that any more with the quick search I did.

Most radios these days won't decode old QC1 tones, as far as I know. it's actually 0.75 sec of two tones overlaid on one another, a pause, then another 0.75 sec of a different pair of tones. So you have four tones to figure out.

Status
Not open for further replies.