The "SMART DUST", electronics going too far?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC4RAF

Davenport,Fl.- home to me and the gators and the s
Ran across a website that has an article on the so called "smart dust". Electronic eavesdropping. In a way it's interesting and yet scary, (time for my tin foil hat?! lol).
The article is rather long, but you can skim read and get the drift of their story.

https://pro.true-alpha.com/p/TAO_sm.../Full?h=true&gclid=CMPT8aGaqdMCFUg8gQodnrwNDQ

Since it involves electronics, I thought that it would fit in this forum. If wrong, please move it.
One source states that the "dust" is to collect data such as "light, temperature, magnetic fields, vibrations, etc.".
While the above link proclaims it has dastardly intent. "1984" was a disturbing movie, and that's where that website is going. Which I believe it could, but not quite yet.

What you all think?

RFI-EMI-GUY

Why worry that Big Brother is spying on you, it is a wonderful investment opportunity. Returns of 4118%. Be happy!

Seriously, we citizens have invited all of this snooping and intrusion into our lives. A friend just sent me an article about the next generation of WiFi routers. If you buy into the program you will have cameras and microphones spread all over the house in mesh network style. Who wants all of that? It is bad enough that the tablet computers and cell phones we own have two cameras and microphones under dubious software control.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

N4GIX

Premium Subscriber
It is bad enough that the tablet computers and cell phones we own have two cameras and microphones under dubious software control.
I put bandaids over the camera lens of my tablet and laptop, and the me-facing lens of my smartphone.

I have a very old microwave so there's no hidden camera in it... <snark comment> :lol:

RFI-EMI-GUY

I put bandaids over the camera lens of my tablet and laptop, and the me-facing lens of my smartphone.

I have a very old microwave so there's no hidden camera in it... [emoji38]

Actually if you read the ANT catalog of NSA widgets that Edward Snowden revealed, many of them used a microwave backscatter technique to receive data or voice from various types of bugs.

We had a perv here in Florida that installed wireless cameras inside large mp3 juke boxes and sent them as gifts to young girls on his block.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.