The Southeast Texas Regional Radio System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max Morell

Hardin County agencies are merging onto the Jefferson County - City of Beaumont radio system which is to be called the Southeast Texas Regional Radio System.
The Lumberton, Silsbee, Kountze and Sour Lake Police Departments will merge into the regional system.
Currently the upgrades are regional, the first step toward a state-wide network.
Orange County is also in the process of merging into the Jefferson County system.
The project should be completed by mid-summer.
The new 800 Mhz system will improve officer safety, dispatch capabilities and communications.
The upgrade will also include mobile data terminals for patrol vehicles.

slingerr

Currently there is a mix of analog and digital being used on this system for the City of Beaumont and Jefferson County. Most non public safety stuff like city services (water, sewer, buses, etc.) seem to be analog while law enforcement and FD/EMS seem to be digital.

I just upgraded our scanners here at the Beaumont Enterprise newsroom today to include the latest talkgroup updates (thanks ericcarlson & rattlerbb01 !!!!) so that we dont have to listen to the plumbers, dog catchers and bus drivers all day in the newsroom.

They seem accurate though I'd really like to run the by someone at the City of Beaumont radio shop to be sure.

We are picking up all of the newer Hardin County public safety transmissions pretty well. These are all currently analog. I'm not sure if they are moving to digital. A buddy at the Silsbee newspaper swears he thought he heard they were going digital and is going to check that with the county for me.

I look forward to this system as for our newsgathering activities having all of these on one system will make out reception a bit better for the farther counties and cities/towns I would think.

-Scott Eslinger
BeaumontEnterprise.com

KI5FKE

Premium Subscriber
So, out of my curiosity, is the South East Texas Regional Radio System now called the Jefferson County Regional Radio System, or what?

Status
Not open for further replies.