The state of Tennessee Advanced Communications Network (TACN)

zachgallop

They have talkgroups on the current knox system too. So does Karns and they can change to it. Amr special events Ambulances have 800 radios and use the ems events talkgroup.I have been told they are not changing over. They are going to have access. Thy are supposed to be getting all band radios in their trucks. .Several of their stations have been testing radios on KX-FD TAC 1. Vhf and uhf will be their primary comms. They will switch over to TACN when needed. The only county fire agency changing over full time is Karns Fire. Med 10 is not a AMR talkgroup it is a Systemwide talkgroup to talk to med link. KFD, KPD, KCSO, AMR, and whomever. The layout is for setup for med is so the crews know the layout in connection with uhf. Because their ALS channel is med 102 is ALS and BLS is Med 82.

bsocomm1

Premium Subscriber
I apologize in advance if this topic has been covered already, I have a vacation home in Marion County ( Sequatchie),, I was up there last July and was able to pick up the FD and SO, when I returned in March I was only able to pick the FD ,, even when I was down in town (Jasper) I was unable to pick up anything and they were working some incident @ the Jasper PD w/ multiple SO & PD units and 2 Puckett EMS ambulances and an EMS supervisor ( never have been able to pick up EMS) as well and I parked right next door. Did they switch over to this system and if so does anyone know what frequencies and talkgroups they be using or testing for operational needs currently, I'm going back in July and would like to be able to monitor,, thanks in advance

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
As far as I know nothing has changed. They may have changed the tones in use, so I would use tone search on the freqs. There is a VHF TACN site in the Sequatchie area... Site 2 32. and this freq should be part of that site also: 170.6000...

Puckett EMS has an LTR or DMR TRS liced also...

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?fccCallsign=WQUX209

davo51

Premium Subscriber
I apologize in advance if this topic has been covered already, I have a vacation home in Marion County ( Sequatchie),, I was up there last July and was able to pick up the FD and SO, when I returned in March I was only able to pick the FD ,, even when I was down in town (Jasper) I was unable to pick up anything and they were working some incident @ the Jasper PD w/ multiple SO & PD units and 2 Puckett EMS ambulances and an EMS supervisor ( never have been able to pick up EMS) as well and I parked right next door. Did they switch over to this system and if so does anyone know what frequencies and talkgroups they be using or testing for operational needs currently, I'm going back in July and would like to be able to monitor,, thanks in advance

Puckett EMS serves Marion and Sequatchie Counties and they are on Mototrbo DMR, Sequatchie County Sheriff went to DMR last year and Dunlap PD is also now using DMR for the past few weeks. Marion County SO is partially using DMR and supposedly going full DMR. My issued DMR radio from Sequatchie has Puckett and Marion County channels in it. My TACN issued radio does not have any channels for Sequatchie SO or Marion SO, but does have channels for Fire departments, they are still on FMN at this time. We also have a ham DMR repeater on Signal Mountain and we are in the process of putting up a ham P25 repeater on Signal Mountain.
Hope this info helps

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
DMR? Hmm no license anywhere for the Marion County or Sequatchie City to run DMR. SO are they running DMR on the listed freqs? Or on an SMR like the Dalton one or Mobile Com? We need to nail this down folks. If they are running DMR on the posted freqs need the Color Codes, Slots, TGs... TY in advance, now returning to the topic of the thread... TACN... :)

And someone please nail down that Puckett TRS please. Con+? Cap+? LCNs, Color Codes... SysID if it is Con+... TGs?

And why has no one submitted data for Sequatchie SO? We still have them listed at P25. Come on folks, if you guys will not submit the info to us, we can not have an accurate DB.

Last edited by a moderator:

bsocomm1

Premium Subscriber
thank you again and sorry I do not have a lot of knowledge about DMR I have a 536HP scanner so I should be able to pick up both Marion County SO ( and probably Jasper, Kimball, S Pittsburgh PD ) and Puckett EMS DMR if I the frequencies and TG become available????? or should I purchase a DMR radio if again the frequencies and TG become available,,, My primary location I would be using it is up near Foster Falls

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
If you payed for the DMR upgrade for the BCD536HP, then you can find the information yourself! And then submit it back to us. :) The freqs for Puckett are :
155.5950 Whitwell
155.5500 South Pitt
151.9700 Trenton
152.4200 Dunlap
154.4825 Lookout Mtn.
153.0050 Lafayette
Most likely MotoTRBO Capacity Plus sites....
Points down to my siggy... Note the DMR and NXDN on my BCD436HP... :D Once I know of the possibility of that in use,.. I go after it myself in my monitoring. Its a huge part of what scanning is all about. Using the tools you have to discover and listen to everything you potentially possibly can.

Last edited by a moderator:

davo51

Premium Subscriber
thank you again and sorry I do not have a lot of knowledge about DMR I have a 536HP scanner so I should be able to pick up both Marion County SO ( and probably Jasper, Kimball, S Pittsburgh PD ) and Puckett EMS DMR if I the frequencies and TG become available????? or should I purchase a DMR radio if again the frequencies and TG become available,,, My primary location I would be using it is up near Foster Falls

You will be able to listen to Puckett, but Marion SO and Sequatchie SO are capacity plus with mostly encryption, so it will be a no go with the Sheriff's Dept. most of the time. Our handhelds and mobiles are on full time encryption, but dispatch is sometimes in the clear,

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
So whose SMR are they on so we know who lost their Motorola Solutions credentials? Put a State, County, or Municipal Public Safety agency on an SMR that is a Motorola one, and Motorola Solutions yanks the radio shop that is running that SMRs credentials.

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?fccCallsign=WPQZ607 Communications & Electronics Inc.?
https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?fccCallsign=WQXM312 Mobile Communications America Inc.? Which is in BOTH Counties...

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?fccCallsign=WQYB797 Dalton Communications Inc.?

bsocomm1

Premium Subscriber
thanks for everyone's assistance I started listening to scanners back when they had crystals still LOL , but again DMR is a very foreign language to me, I don't even know how to program it using the Sentinel software or by hand ,, but I will try and figure it out so I can hear EMS and attempt to at least hear the SO dispatch ( better then nothing)

zachgallop

KPD said on the Legacy KPD-1M Emergency that all ops would be on Special Events 1 but Digital. 10545 Phase I encrypted keeps popping up on TACN Knox Simulcast.

AK4FD

Catawba County, NC — FF/EMT, COML, AUXC, Skywarn
Premium Subscriber
If you payed for the DMR upgrade for the BCD536HP, then you can find the information yourself! And then submit it back to us. :) The freqs for Puckett are :
155.5950 Whitwell
155.5500 South Pitt
151.9700 Trenton
152.4200 Dunlap
154.4825 Lookout Mtn.
153.0050 Lafayette
Most likely MotoTRBO Capacity Plus sites....
Points down to my siggy... Note the DMR and NXDN on my BCD436HP... :D Once I know of the possibility of that in use,.. I go after it myself in my monitoring. Its a huge part of what scanning is all about. Using the tools you have to discover and listen to everything you potentially possibly can.

Are each of those frequencies going to be considered DMR one-channel trunked Sites or are they all combined as 1 site?

AK4FD

Catawba County, NC — FF/EMT, COML, AUXC, Skywarn
Premium Subscriber
Are each of those frequencies going to be considered DMR one-channel trunked Sites or are they all combined as 1 site?

Disregard, I thought Puckett only ran in once specific area, not all over the state.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
All State Parks moving onto TACN. Be on the look out for TGs.. Long Hunter was the test bed.

rkm1215

Premium Subscriber
Anybody have RID's for upper East TN (Sullivan/Washington county etc) area?

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk