The state of Tennessee Advanced Communications Network (TACN)

Remington12G

Premium Subscriber
TG 47105 (not in DB) Unit ID 4025049 seen on Hinch Mt 035 this morning
Based on notes I would say this is a TN State Agency talk group. Judging by the unit ID, this might be a THP District channel or Ops channel.

ccfd7031

Premium Subscriber
Was the radio traffic encrypted or in clear?
Sorry for the delay, I thought I had replied. Pro96Com was just showing the one unit affiliating to the site on that talkgroup and did not have any channel grants. FWIW, the only encryption I encouter from this area is TWRA unless I switch to the Mt Roosevelt site and start getting Roane co and others in ETN that are encrypted.

Also, I have not caught any THP encryption yet but everything else I've encoutered has been ADP.

zac

Premium Subscriber
Can someone private message me. I am planning on loading up tacn info in my scanner so i can listen on way to the smokies and was wanting some pointers. Anyone with good info let me know.

Remington12G

Premium Subscriber
Can someone private message me. I am planning on loading up tacn info in my scanner so i can listen on way to the smokies and was wanting some pointers. Anyone with good info let me know.
I sent you a private message via conversations

Reactions: zac

jpryor

Premium Subscriber
City of LaVergne (Rutherford County) Police and Fire are live on TACN Antioch site as of this afternoon. Primary dispatch for Police and Fire is TMDA Phase 2 clear, most of the rest is looking like TDMA Phase 2 encrypted. Radio IDs 4100xxx and Talk Group IDs between 48161 through 48179. I have submitted the most identifiable info to the database. The 155.1600 MHz VHF fire dispatch patch remains during fire dispatching. The TACN Smyrna site is not yet showing the additional LaVergne licensed frequencies active, and that site is not yet carrying any LaVergne activity.