The state of Tennessee Advanced Communications Network (TACN)

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.

RadioCopFFFR

I understand B&E was pushing Tait products and that was part of their problem with the Batwings. Now what about the other large Batwing shop in West TN that is pushing the Trbo Cap + systems all over the place. i.e. Tipton, Hardeman, Haywood, Madison just to name a few.

INDY72

I understand B&E was pushing Tait products and that was part of their problem with the Batwings. Now what about the other large Batwing shop in West TN that is pushing the Trbo Cap + systems all over the place. i.e. Tipton, Hardeman, Haywood, Madison just to name a few.

They would ONLY be in hot water if they pushed an SMR they run.... If they are pushing an system for JUST Public Safety they are ok on the Motorola Solutions end. Though its not the best idea for the PS and M will not make as big a sale as they would on an P25... Thats how it goes. If your an M shop, and run an SMR, and pop an Public Safety Agency for an Municipality, County, or State on that SMR, you will lose your Motorola Solutions credentials and be stuck like chuck. Private EMS or a Private FD or business PD/FD is another story.

And yeah when you play the game by trying to swing Harris/Tait.. AND Motorola.. Your walking a dangerous line. And try to roll all 3.. Harris/Tait, Motorola, and EFJ/Kenwood??? OOOOOHH boy. (End user equipment is not the issue, its WHOLE SYSTEMS... And if you have a contract to be a dealer almost exclusively for one of them, you push your luck if you roll competitors products. It would be like an KFC/Taco Bell selling a Big Mac...)

Last edited by a moderator:

DonnieDog

Database Admin Deluxe
Database Admin
Jonesborough public safety is dropping their DMR system and coming back over to the Washington County / Johnson City TACN system. 30546 is Jonesborough Fire Tac

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

INDY72

Jonesborough public safety is dropping their DMR system and coming back over to the Washington County / Johnson City TACN system. 30546 is Jonesborough Fire Tac

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

And they are actually going to be in the clear?

zachgallop

Is TWRA Region 1 &2 using Dispatch 2 for main ops encrypted now too? Region 4 is they are running phase I and fully encrypted. Region 3 has been using encryption off and on for awhile now. But Dispatch 2 seems to be the permanent thing now. Their Dispatch 2 is Phase II fully encrypted. I have emailed the TWRA Major, as well as a few others about this change.

INDY72

Looks like they took a page out of THP book then. Dispatch 1, open and Dispatch 2, E... But taking all the ops over to 2... That would suck unless there is a seriously valid sensitive activity.. But full time just plain sucks. 80 percent of TWRA activity is not really of the sensitive nature... But that other twenty percent, is in the sensitive and dangerous areas very much so. :) Busting Stills, Weed Plots, and some hunters and fisherman of the poaching variety can be rather feisty to the point of pulling a trigger.

zachgallop

Looks like they took a page out of THP book then. Dispatch 1, open and Dispatch 2, E... But taking all the ops over to 2... That would suck unless there is a seriously valid sensitive activity.. But full time just plain sucks. 80 percent of TWRA activity is not really of the sensitive nature... But that other twenty percent, is in the sensitive and dangerous areas very much so. :) Busting Stills, Weed Plots, and some hunters and fisherman of the poaching variety can be rather feisty to the point of pulling a trigger.

Agreed.It use to be All Channels were selectable. At one time it was up to the indivual captain of each region on how they utilized encryption. Region 3 has been the worse with encryption. Use to the only units would be encrypted then dispatch was in the clear. Then they changed both to selectable encryption on Dispatch with only a few having it off. Then sometime last year they changed to Dispatch II Full time Encryption Phase II. Region 4 rarely ever ran encryption, usually only with social security numbers or records checks. The same when I heard Region 2 and Region 1. But a few months ago they change to Dispatch 2 full time Phase I encrypted in Region. It was sent out by the major. I can not remember I have even heard of TWRA busting Stills and Weed Plots. Most of their traffic is really only"4101 I will be 10-6 at X location, "10-7 my Station R", "4223B 10-8 x lake", and records checks. Most of their stuff goes over the local channels when they do get a call. One time I heard them in a Pursuit in Knox County in all the time I have monitored them. They were the last agency I thought would be encrypted. The majority of wildlife and conservation agencies are not encrypted. Let's see what their response is. Would anybody else be interested in emailing or calling them as well?

SCPD

QRT
Agreed.It use to be All Channels were selectable. At one time it was up to the indivual captain of each region on how they utilized encryption. Region 3 has been the worse with encryption. Use to the only units would be encrypted then dispatch was in the clear. Then they changed both to selectable encryption on Dispatch with only a few having it off. Then sometime last year they changed to Dispatch II Full time Encryption Phase II. Region 4 rarely ever ran encryption, usually only with social security numbers or records checks. The same when I heard Region 2 and Region 1. But a few months ago they change to Dispatch 2 full time Phase I encrypted in Region. It was sent out by the major. I can not remember I have even heard of TWRA busting Stills and Weed Plots. Most of their traffic is really only"4101 I will be 10-6 at X location, "10-7 my Station R", "4223B 10-8 x lake", and records checks. Most of their stuff goes over the local channels when they do get a call. One time I heard them in a Pursuit in Knox County in all the time I have monitored them. They were the last agency I thought would be encrypted. The majority of wildlife and conservation agencies are not encrypted. Let's see what their response is. Would anybody else be interested in emailing or calling them as well?

For 1 social security numbers shouldn't be a reason for them to run encryption because I hear police officers run them from time to time when they have issues running name and DOB. For 2 local law enforcement runs 29s (warrant check) in the clear on traffic stops. Sounds like a bunch of bull hockey to me! I have listened to them quiet bit myself.

zachgallop

For 1 social security numbers shouldn't be a reason for them to run encryption because I hear police officers run them from time to time when they have issues running name and DOB. For 2 local law enforcement runs 29s (warrant check) in the clear on traffic stops. Sounds like a bunch of bull hockey to me! I have listened to them quiet bit myself.

Agreed! TWRA has yet to respond to my email. I sent one quite a bit ago and never got a response. Then I sent one 5 days ago and never got a respond. I guess they do not like multiple people emailing them on the issue. Since you got a response.

Probably Not

Agreed! TWRA has yet to respond to my email. I sent one quite a bit ago and never got a response. Then I sent one 5 days ago and never got a respond. I guess they do not like multiple people emailing them on the issue. Since you got a response.

Good luck with that! Tennessee agencies, like this one, have a hard time understanding what open records are. There is even a STATE LAW now since 2016 (anyone correct me if I am wrong) saying they have to let the public have access to certain things. Ask them again and type in "Under the FOIA I would like to know about.... etc etc"... Read about the audit done on this it is shocking! Lazy, stubborn and completely clueless govt agencies!!!

zachgallop

New Talkgroups found on Knox Simulcast:
10621 KX-FD TAC1 *Confirmed*
15211-Encrypted? Phase II Radio IDS: 401XXXX *Nevermind TWRA R3 Dispatch 2*
15215-ENCRYPTED PHASE I *TWRA R4 Dispatch 2*
16019-Phase I-Clear (TEMA OPS)
1471-CLEAR PHASE I RADIO IDS: 402XXXX
47115-Lifeforce 2 spoke on it-Clear-Phase I
10521-Lots of Activity-Encrypted-Phase II-Radio IDS: 2130015, 2130010, 2130014 *Lines up with Knox County RIDS*
47050-Radio IDS: 405XXXXX*Long Conversation about traveling back to somewhere and traffic*
47097-Encrypted-Phase II
8035: Phase I-Clear-Radio Check RID:2134150 *Talkgroup in line with Roane County but Radio ID seems to be Knox*
Found some other talgroups but I have seem to have misplaced them. Radio Shop is also testing radios on Knox Legacy talkgrop 5360. Here is some names of the new talkgroups. Some agencies have added some talkgroups such as KCSO which I think has 16 or 17 now.
KCSO is: DISP1, DISP2, EMERG1, CAREER C, ADMIN 1, RECORDS, and SUPERVISOR
AMR is: MED102, MED82, MED 72, EMS 500, MED10 and AMR OPS.
KFD is: KX-FD DISPATCH, KX-FD TAC1 (10621), KX-FD TAC2, KX-FD TAC3, KX-FD TAC4, KX-FD TAC5, KX-FD TAC6, KX-FD TAC 7, KX-FD TAC8, KX-FD TAC9, KX-FD TAC10, KX-FD, TAC11, KX-FD ADMIN,KX-FD INSPECTORS,KX-FD FIRESH-KX-FD SAFETY,KX-FD TRAIN
KCS is:KX-ED OPS 1, KX-ED OPS2, KX-ED OPS3, KX-ED OPS4, KX-ED OPS5, KX-ED OPS6, KX-OPS 7.
Misc:KX-CI SERV, Knox EMA, Knox EOC

Last edited: