The state of Tennessee Advanced Communications Network (TACN)

ka4bni

Feed Provider
The Knoxville zone is Dynamic Dual Mode so you will not be able to specify if Knox talk groups are TDMA or FDMA.

DonnieDog

Database Admin Deluxe
Database Admin
I claimed the latest submission for the 10620 talkgroup range to be changed to Education. Ill hold off on working it until we figure this fubar out.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Cool, when I saw it was not kosher, I released it and PMed Zach. Waiting to hear back, assume you PMd him also.

zachgallop

Milf,
I made a mistake. ��Put a 1 where the two are and they are schools, like 10610 is Education Dispatch and so on. Sorry for the mistake. The lineup for education exactly like my old post on the forums. Just there radios only read dispatch and so on the consoles have like KX-ED OPSX Milf is very correct on KFD. I submitted those the same as he did on first minus a few. The education talkgroup are exactly the ones I posted on here and suspected in the past. 10611 which is ops 2 and 10612 is ops 3 was both being used for traffic at Hardin Valley Shool & Cedar Bluff.

Last edited:

zachgallop

Also some more agencies are changing over to encryption and TACN Friday from what I have been told for Knox! Do not know if that is really true but thought I should share.All Education radios are Apx and set to run phase II TDMA. For KFD I get the p0 p1 symbols and not the p25 symbol. Will post videos on YouTube of the actual screen if anybody would like.

Last edited:

rkm1215

Premium Subscriber
Disappointed and aggravated, but not surprised at LE encryption. Will be interesting to see this system develop.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Knox County 911 wanted ALL Public Safety to be full time encrypted. Luckily so far its only KPD, KCSO, and 2 TGs for KED... UT I have a feeling will stay in the clear once they flip over very soon. I have heard it is both ways on the ER TG. A couple of sources are saying the plan is calling for E, and a couple of others are saying that they have programmed it as Clear. Once it starts getting real use, we will know. Its understandable that they went E, sucks, but I get it in the situation they found themselves put in by certain shall we say, activists? In this case, it really could be an officer safety thing when you have certain individuals that would go as far as to post about an officer going to the bathroom if they could. If Donnie does not get to the ED TGs, I will try to get them rolled in tomorrow night after I get some other things done around here.

zachgallop

Will get KCSO Talkgroups Numbers and Names confirmed ASAP. They are using 1057x talkgroup numbers. First I have to confirm the names will the use. Have a feeling 10570 is Dispatch 1 and 10571 is Dispatch 2. They are no longer on Analog. They have a few new talkgroups so I do not want to rush to posting them yet. We will see what Spangler has in mind once he becomes Sheriff. KPD I do not see ever going unencrypted unless one of the new Mayors that are running are truly anti encryption, a few say they are are. Now Education I see maybe changing back as there was a mistake made. Luckily it is not up to 911 and it is up to the department head. Also School Security Division was working football jamboree last night at Neyland Stadium and hearing the radios coming from the officers mics sounded great, as well as my scanner. Also heard county dispatch calling school security the other day sounded great as well on both ends. Some officers seem to be having very low volume though. They were using OPS2 for jamboree. I would say they will use those now for special events more now than their two simplex channels.

Last edited:

davewhall29

Premium Subscriber
Picked up Lifestar talking to their base on 47310 early this morning. Not sure if patched or not, but it didn't sound like it was patched. Didn't catch the site.

Also picking up TGID 10571, 10572, 10574, 10578 on Knox County simulcast site over the past few days. Of course, completely encrypted. I know a couple of these have been identified. Also hearimg lots of encrypted transmissions on 10545 KPD Events. But it appears KPD is still on the analog system mainly. Also still hearing KFD dispatch on analog system, but switching to TACN while en route and on scene. Sometimes hearing KFD dispatch on TACN talkgroup. Sounds like it could be patched between the two systems.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

zachgallop

Picked up Lifestar talking to their base on 47310 early this morning. Not sure if patched or not, but it didn't sound like it was patched. Didn't catch the site.

Also picking up TGID 10571, 10572, 10574, 10578 on Knox County simulcast site over the past few days. Of course, completely encrypted. I know a couple of these have been identified. Also hearimg lots of encrypted transmissions on 10545 KPD Events. But it appears KPD is still on the analog system mainly. Also still hearing KFD dispatch on analog system, but switching to TACN while en route and on scene. Sometimes hearing KFD dispatch on TACN talkgroup. Sounds like it could be patched between the two systems.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

10574 is likely the Supervisor Talkgroup. Emerg1 should be 10573 if that is the case. 1078 might be like the old Mary used as talkaround. Have to confirm on those. 10545 may not be KPD events 1 but I heard on analog when they were using the digital special events 1 for gay pride event. Constantly popped up. Makes me wonder if it was another one. 10521 and 1058x have also been showing up occasionally. Does anybody have a timeline for KAT, CAC, and UTPD? For KPD all I keep getting told is Sept 1st. I also think they have been using a new dispatcher to dispatcher channel for awhile now. Have not heard the old one in a while since the new consoles went online. School Division has also began using all their talkgroups. OPS2, ops3, ops4, OPS5, and ops6 was all very busy last night for football. Education C on the old system should be still active if needed, do not believe them changed over. So until then OPS7 emergency TAC will not likely pop up.

Last edited:
Thanks

Effective 7 am this morning KPD changed over to digital. 10545 1046 10547 and 10551. KPD is running phase I right now, of course encrypted. You KPD is still using a lot of Xts. Got the new date three days ago. Seem they moved it up. 10545 must have not been events. Here is the recording: https://s3.amazonaws.com/zello.sharedmessages/smlciW0hm75g .

Thanks for posting this. This is the first time I have ever heard Knox.

HankFrank

Does anyone know how Knoxville PD and Knox SO will handle interop on TACN? In the past on the old system I seem to remember them on each other's TGs from time to time. I wonder if they will be doing that on the new system?

zachgallop

For KPD and KCSO they have each other talkgroups in their radios from what I have been told.Like for UT Football and KPD going to county LEIDS (records). Same for KFD. But School Division School-Level Officers only has their channels, EMA, Knox Talkaround and several mutual talkgroups & frequencies. Patrol and supervisors have all the agencies talkgroups in their radios for the county. School Patrol scans KPD, KCSO, and KFD talkgroups during the day. UTPD Dispatch also monitors KPD west talkgroup. Also their will be no TN District II Net talkgroup anymore once the system goes down, they will be using 8TAC90. Karns VFD is also pretty good about having everybody channels in there.

TRX1

For KPD and KCSO they have each other talkgroups in their radios from what I have been told.Like for UT Football and KPD going to county LEIDS (records). Same for KFD. But School Division School-Level Officers only has their channels, EMA, Knox Talkaround and several mutual talkgroups & frequencies. Patrol and supervisors have all the agencies talkgroups in their radios for the county. School Patrol scans KPD, KCSO, and KFD talkgroups during the day. UTPD Dispatch also monitors KPD west talkgroup. Also their will be no TN District II Net talkgroup anymore once the system goes down, they will be using 8TAC90. Karns VFD is also pretty good about having everybody channels in there.

I thought records was called LEADS? Anyway can anyone load TRX1 Settings?

zachgallop

The Sheriffs office website says LEIDS under support service. I use to think the exact same spelling. What I found is different somebody told me records was now labeled LEIDS for county in their radios. Can anybody confirm?

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know how Knoxville PD and Knox SO will handle interop on TACN? In the past on the old system I seem to remember them on each other's TGs from time to time. I wonder if they will be doing that on the new system?

Just like with our system: Everyone has everyone's primary dispatch TGs in their radios. FD will have pretty much ALL the surrounding areas FD TGs with maybe only the Arson and Admin types left off the templates. Also, there is now a huge buttload of Mutual Aid TGs, as well as the 8 Tacs, and 7 Tacs pretty much standard. And for those lovely APX8000, there is also the TNMAs.... Remember, these are all band radios.

Information is LEIDS. Law Enforcement Information Data Services