The state of Tennessee Advanced Communications Network (TACN)

Noitpyrcne

Effective 7 am this morning KPD changed over to digital. 10545 1046 10547 and 10551. KPD is running phase I right now, of course encrypted. You KPD is still using a lot of Xts. Got the new date three days ago. Seem they moved it up. 10545 must have not been events. Here is the recording: https://s3.amazonaws.com/zello.sharedmessages/smlciW0hm75g .

Hey Zachary let's do this: Let's ENCRYPT RR just in case they are reading it to see what we are up too! We can't listen to them, they can't listen to us! HAH! MILF?

W4ELL

Feed Provider
Lots of "in the clear" activity on TG: 1471 TN DHS District 3 Ops 1 last night and this morning from the Knox 3-10 site. Apparently used for surveillance around Knoxville?

zachgallop

I heard it last night also on simulcast. But the RID were 207XXX. Knox is usually 213xxx. Loudon is usally 207xxx.Think, it maybe KCSO because KPD does not do a lot of surveillance. But I am not sure who it is. They also referred to patrol units and referred to THP like they were not with them. They had multiple teams. These units have used it several times in the past. Also, I have been told KX-SO Events is unencrypted. It be used twice lately.

Last edited:

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Be advised: All new users will be required to use TDMA on the TACN. That time is finally here, as with MSWIN, and before long on AWIN, TDMA is the name of the game. All current users will be required to use TDMA capable equipment, and eventually transition to ALL TDMA use. This transition will be expected to be completed in a very few short years.

zachgallop

New Knox Talkgroup 10505 was being use by AMR Special Events Ambulances (900’s) and KFD EMS Dept for UT Football. Is this like a county net or events talkgroup? It was mostly phase I clear. But I did see a encrypted sign come across it once and command responded radio check loud & clear. KPD I could not find what they were using. Everybody else was using UTPD A such as :UTPD, KCSO, some UT staff and Blount Sheriff. Also, 10521 is possibly 911 B. I have seen some dispatch consoles talking back and forth on it. 911 B was supposed to be encrypted. Can anybody confirm that as well?

zachgallop

TACN TGID 4017 LE MUTUAL 4 was being used for THP, BCSO, APD, KCSO, and KPD for the motorcade today for Vice President Pence. No encryption! Lots and lots of activity. BCSO was also using their secondary channel.Luckily my school is right where he was spending most of his day and also caught USSS Charlie once or twice but was encrypted. Also caught the motorcade leaving early for cross country at West Hills today (my third one)! Luckily I was able to now monitor most of the traffic for the first time.Are these LE Mutual aid channels THP? Because in school security radio they have different zones with only certain Ems fire and law MA channels for each zone, they are labeled THP Zone 2 so on...

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Mutual Aids are for ANYONE to use for interop Statewide. LE is for ALL Law Enforcement Agencies, as Fire is for Fire, EMS for Medical etc.... There are also Multi Use Mutual Aids for joint operations etc... These are not going to be encrypted unless something changes big time on the TACN.

ButchGone

There are 24 Mutual Aid talkgroups for LE, Fire and EMS, divided up among the 8 geographic THP districts. For example, agencies in the Chattanooga THP district use LE mutual aid 1-3, Fire mutual aid 1-3 and EMS mutual aid 1-3. Cities and counties in the Knoxville THP district use LE/Fire/EMS mutual aid 4-6. And so on with the rest of the state.
BG..

zachgallop

10521 identified as "KX-KC DSP2DSP". The Knox County Dispatch to Dispatch Channel. It is phase II encrypted. Also have started seeing some KFD talkgroups especially dispatch change to Phase I and Phase II back in forth. Like somebody said guess they are dual mode. Working on getting KPD identified they have three special events now. 10545 is possibly their East Dispatch. Their talkgroups most of the time are phase I encrypted. KCSO is labeled as the following: DISPATCH 1, DISPATCH 2, LEIDS, EMERGENCY 1, SWAT, INVESTIGATE, WARRANTS, COURT, CAR2CAR, EVENTS, EMERG 2, and EM Inop 1. Karns VFD changes over in two weeks.

zachgallop

Am hearing that the Ambulance TG is actually Karns.

They are using it (10505) for UT Gameday Command for KFD and AMR Special Events Ambulances. Karns does not work the football game. KFD and AMR use to use EMS Events on the old system for Gameday OPS. Karns used EMS Events at times to communicate with KFD. Supposedly Karns changes over Monday to TACN. After that AMR will no longer dispatch them, the E-911 Dispatcher that works KFD area will. Is there somehow to attach videos on here? Also UTPD has still not changed over, KCSO/BCSO/UTPD are still using UTPD A Dispatch for Gameday. KPD is using their own digital channels. Also does anybody have an idea why OPS2 and Car to Car for ACSO had encryption removed off them?

Last edited: