The state of Tennessee Advanced Communications Network (TACN)

Remington12G

GØT AES?
Talkgroup 5533 on Cleveland Site, traffic was definitely a Bradley County Agency just cant pin point.

motohead10

Premium Subscriber
Definitely sounding like they were doing system work getting things ready for the new site.
I know exactly what happened, there was a generator issue at the master site. The outage was unexpected but they were able to fix the issue after doing routine testing. I give credit to a lot of the guys over there they’re always quick to fix issues and stay on top of things.

motohead10

Premium Subscriber
So, which TACN sites should be programmed to receive LaVergne?
I’ve been seeing their traffic on cane ridge, soon to be Smyrna, and the gladeville site. You may be able to get them on tiger hill in south Murfreesboro too. I’m just going off what I’ve captured with my scanner so far.

jimg

Premium Subscriber
I’ve been seeing their traffic on cane ridge, soon to be Smyrna, and the gladeville site. You may be able to get them on tiger hill in south Murfreesboro too. I’m just going off what I’ve captured with my scanner so far.
Thanks for the reply.

richard4537312

Premium Subscriber
Talkgroup 5533 on Cleveland Site, traffic was definitely a Bradley County Agency just cant pin point.
It's probably a good idea for anyone serious about monitoring Cleveland and Bradley County to go ahead and program in Talk Groups 5530 through 5540. Seems anything new is likely to spring up in that range, especially BCSO communications. For example, 5536 is used for ball games, block parties, parades, and other multiple agency events.

Remington12G

GØT AES?
It's probably a good idea for anyone serious about monitoring Cleveland and Bradley County to go ahead and program in Talk Groups 5530 through 5540. Seems anything new is likely to spring up in that range, especially BCSO communications. For example, 5536 is used for ball games, block parties, parades, and other multiple agency events.
I only come down every month or so and stay for 2 days. I try my best to monitor Cleveland and Bradley sites on TACN all weekend without interruptions. I think that was Animal Control but not sure, they were referencing dogs and watch out when getting it.

Remington12G

GØT AES?
Also if 5536 is for events. Why is it not in the Database?

ccfire

Premium Subscriber
speaking of monroe county from what i have heard from fellow emergency personnel the county is looking into moving to the tacn but madisonville city and sweetwater will not has anyone else heard this or anything different?

surfacemount

Knox / Roane / Loudon counties, Tennessee
I have heard that TACN is coming in to install some towers, and that their county SO may be going to that system. Haven't heard anything about whether or not the individual cities / agencies will migrate over, though. Curious to know what the new jail will be running...

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Not to mention most new sites are not pure State owned, but are at least partially paid for by the County/Municipality/Utility that is needing them so they can come on. Add in the Federal Grants also. The system is the State's, with a couple of cores being owned by Counties/Municipalities due to clever negotiations and willingness to toss in more cash to pay for maintenance etc... though at this point I only see one more County/Municipality that could have the bargaining power much less added cash to sweeten things to get their own core... And that would be Memphis/Shelby County. And they are pushing their current discontinued system to its limits while debating what they are gonna do in the end.

roanearea865

I have heard that TACN is coming in to install some towers, and that their county SO may be going to that system. Haven't heard anything about whether or not the individual cities / agencies will migrate over, though. Curious to know what the new jail will be running...
The new jail is gonna be using DMR conventional frequencies, they purchased the same Hytera radios Sweetwater pd uses.

davewhall29

Premium Subscriber
Picking up TG 7555, and its definitely LCFD, just not sure what it's used for. Just heard a firefighter doing a radio check.

Also, looks like Monroe County TG range will be 9500-9599. Heard a couple of guys talking about the system on there on 9504 and how EMS should be able to use their TG when in Knoxville at the hospitals. They were also saying the techs were going to program the radios to roam on the different sites rather than dedicated to one or a few around Monroe County. So if I were to make a guess, I'd say sheriff's office, EMS, EMA and road dept. will definitely be switching to TACN. Going to see what else I can find out.

ccfire

Premium Subscriber
monroe county rural fire depts are going to the system i am a member of a vfd in the tellico plains area we are going to keep our vhf system for backup and paging as i was told at the department meeting

surfacemount

The state of Tn would not be spending that type of money unless new users are coming.

Well

They could also be filling in a dead spot irrespective if Monroe County came on or not. The last thing I heard (this week) is no more new towers or sites, they (TACN/TVRS) are simply going to piggyback on the current Waucheesi and Hiawassee tower sites. I'm curious what Motorola's done as far as signal contours, and what it was based on (tower to hip, or tower to a 45 watt mobile on a main highway)

monroe county rural fire depts are going to the system i am a member of a vfd in the tellico plains area we are going to keep our vhf system for backup and paging as i was told at the department meeting

Where are you guys going to get the money to do that? Heard anything about what radios you'll buy?

Has anybody figured out the 'jail radios' yet?

ccfire

Premium Subscriber
haven't heard anything else on the jail and on the radios ( this is just a rumor has not been confirmed) that they got a grant for the radios

surfacemount

I was looking for some pricing, looks like the MSI contract for the state, at least under the SWC418 vehicle dies in about a week:
SWC# 418 Radio Equipment, Maintenance, Repair, Parts, Accessories and Test Equipment
Contract Information and Usage Instructions

Contract Period:
The Contract period is five years. Beginning March 15, 2015 and ending March 14, 2020

Summary/Background Information: The contracts (nine contractors) cover the purchase of most types of radios, maintenance and repair, infrastructure, extended warranties, premium services, and labor rates for various services. The contracts are available for use by Local governments, Higher Education and certain non profit entities as defined within the contract.

https://www.tn.gov/content/dam/tn/g...ions_and_Contact_Information_12 -11 -2018.doc