The state of Tennessee Advanced Communications Network (TACN)

ccfire

Premium Subscriber
What are the volly departments doing?
from what i understood all of the volunteer fd radios will be programmed the same so if you are on a call your radio battery goes dead or something you can grab another radio even from another vfd in the county and it will be programmed the same as yours we all from what i was told by ema will share the dispatch and 4 fire ground channels and incident channels i don;t know if tellico,vonore, madisonville, or sweetwater cities will or not

surfacemount

Knox / Roane / Loudon counties, Tennessee
I don't know if sweetwater will go over.

You answered it. I didn't know if they were going to be included in the new system. I had heard EMA had (has?) all the radios, but I wasn't certain if there were enough to outfit every volunteer firefighter (or, the Sheriff's Reserve, come to think of it).

That's an interesting way to lay the radios out. I'd expect the template to be consistent, but generally the ID goes to the end user. Guess they could all be aliased to 'VFD Pool' or something.

Neat! Thanks

ccfire

Premium Subscriber
the sheriff and rescue ems and ema will probaly laid out different from us but from what i heard all vfd radios will be the same

ccfire

Premium Subscriber
Well guys I have a correction to in Monroe County our new radios in our trucks are programmed with what is labeled incident channels but no fireground

Floridarailfanning

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone noted any activity from the site out at Waucheesi (if it's even been installed yet)? I've been checking weekly from Blount County but have not yet heard anything.

According to the license, it will be a six-channel site and these frequencies are where activity should be.

Floridarailfanning

Premium Subscriber
Is the tower standing?
Is the Microwave dish on the tower and working?
I don't have a clue, and I'm not planning on venturing miles up the dirt roads in the NF to find out.

The License was granted on 10/28/20 so it's been several months, and I'm just following up to see if anybody closer has heard anything.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
I will ask but I am almost positive not for a couple more months. Here in West Tennessee sites were standing for 6 to 8 months before they went active. I would be shocked if the Tower is even standing yet.

surfacemount

Knox / Roane / Loudon counties, Tennessee
Is the tower standing?
Is the Microwave dish on the tower and working?
It is several months after the tower is up before the site becomes active.

Last I was told, it is going on the extant hardware already in place. Don't know if the link is up yet though.

I just spent 2 hours visiting with a TACN Tech today talking about East Tennessee Upgrades.

What can you share?