The Thrill of using a more Basic Scanner

sprman1955

My Pro 60 scans slow! Works vry well on milair and air bands.Used it many year for SCCA and IMSA racing to hear race control.Great for monitoring the Storm Spotters.

MILCOMM

I use to monitor public safety comms before there were programmable, scanning radios.
Then I purchased a 8 channel, xtal controlled receiver and I thought I was high tech!

N4DJC

I use to monitor public safety comms before there were programmable, scanning radios.
Then I purchased a 8 channel, xtal controlled receiver and I thought I was high tech!

I used an Electra Bearcat IV, about '74. It had great audio.

N4DJC

I still have my Bearcat III and still sounds great! :)

Hart County GA public service was still analog VHF until recently. We had moved away in the mid 70’s. I upgraded to a 210 sometime after thst.

MILCOMM

Hart County GA public service was still analog VHF until recently. We had moved away in the mid 70’s. I upgraded to a 210 sometime after thst.

I upgraded to a 220 because it covers the aircraft band.
Being a pilot, I always have to listen to aircraft comms! :)

N4DJC

I noticed that BCXLT75’s are being sold again, new from what I see. I thought they were discontinued in lieu of the SC30R?

MILCOMM

I noticed that BCXLT75’s are being sold again, new from what I see. I thought they were discontinued in lieu of the SC30R?

Uniden does not sell the BC175XLT new anymore.
They currently sell two analog handheld scanners...the BC125AT and the SR30C.

Last edited:

Scan125

Scan75 supports the SR30C scanner. Not sure how many users the program has but I've had no bug reports so far.

sallen07

Premium Subscriber
Uniden does not sell the BC175XLT new anymore.
They currently sell two analog handheld scanners...the BC125AT and the SR30C.

And you make that assertion based on what? Not only can you buy one brand new from Amazon (and various other retailers) but it's listed on the Uniden site.

sallen07

Premium Subscriber
They sell a BC75, not a 175.
No one said anything about a "175" until you did. :)

The poster right before you said "BCXLT75" instead of "BC75XLT", which I'm pretty sure was a typo, since the question was "wasn't that discontinued in favor of the SR30C". And the answer is, "apparently not".

According to the Uniden scanner list in the wiki, Uniden made a "BC177XLT" and a "BC175XL" but those were both "bedside" scanners, and certainly not replaced by the SR30C.