The Truth About PA-STARNet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Septa3371CSX1

This is nothing more than propaganda trying to make the system look good. It fails to mention the many problems PSP Troopers have experienced in the field with this system. I also love how it mentions 800 works better in some buildings. Yeah, maybe it does but try using 800 in a steel and concrete structure with no windows. Good luck getting a signal. It also fails to mention the complex terrain of the Commonwealth. Many of us on here agree that a VHF P25 system would have been a much better investment. Open SCAM (ahem, OpenSky) is still in my eyes a bad investment.

brey1234

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
fails to mention

The fact sheet doesn't mention the following: The state can NOT bid out for replacement radios and other Open Sky related equipment. Thats because NO ONE else makes the equipment except Harris.

brey1234

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
fact sheet

The fact sheet doesn't mention the following: The state can NOT bid out for replacement radios and other Open Sky related equipment. Thats because NO ONE else makes the equipment except Harris.

mule1075

Feed Provider
i do not have a whole lot to contribute to this thread.openscam or broken sky or whatever you want to call is a complete waste of taxpayers dollars a complete waste of time and so over budget it makes me sick.sorry for the rant but i bet the state will buy into another cartoon like number.can you say a bazzzzzzzzzzzzzzillion dollars for something that might work.maybe tom and jerry bugs bunny and all the looney tunes can figure it out.my money is on walter lantz and woody woodpecker though.again sorry for the rant.

n3obl

Ø
Database Admin
Not in the western end of the state. The channels are availble for back up useage. However Ive noticed chatter on tac 1 and tac2. Seems like the troopers are leaving the vhf mobile sit on tac 1 as a chit chat channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.