• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

The U.S. China Trade War

I'm not certain if you are misinformed or just plain ignorant. You're giving off clues though.
Neither. I'm human and quite capable of making a mistake now and then. You are too, but I doubt you'd be man enough to own it.

My main point is unaffected, though. That is, you Trumpsters will give him credit for the economy, but when confronted with history showing economic gains under a Democratic president, suddenly it's Congress' doing.

And I call bulls**t. Pick one, and quit being hypocritical.

Last edited:
Neither. I'm human and quite capable of making a mistake now and then. You are too, but I doubt you'd be man enough to own it.

My main point is unaffected, though. That is, you Trumpsters will give him credit for the economy, but when confronted with history showing economic gains under a Democratic president, suddenly it's Congress' doing.

And I call bulls**t. Pick one, and quit being hypocritical.
Your point is based on mistakes, misinformation and just plain ignorance.

Yeah, they essentially did. It didn't happen on any specific date, but over the course of several decades, it happened.
What specific several decades then. You are just repeating some liberal BS you once heard and then you claim its a fact. My side used to be the good guys and now your side is and I'm supposed to believe that because you say it's a Fact !!!

Yeah, they essentially did. It didn't happen on any specific date, but over the course of several decades, it happened.

Regardless of your party switcheroo theory, you are in the wrong party today. I am a recovering Democrat. Carter was the last Democrat Prez I voted for just because he was a D. I've had one relapse since that I'm too embarrassed to admit to but I have nothing in common with today's Democrat ideology. I have much more in common with the R party although I'm not a strict R ideologue either which is why a Reagan or Trump convert like myself appeals to me.

Your point is based on mistakes, misinformation and just plain ignorance.
My post had a mistake. My point does not.

When it serves your right wing purpose, Congress is responsible for the economy, not the president. When it's more to your liking to have the president be responsible single, he gets the credit.

If one is to be consistent, and hold the president, any president, responsible for the economy, it fares better in Democratic hands, and the data supports it.

In other words, you have to flip flop in order for Republican policy to look good. I don't.

What specific several decades then.
Probably from the 20s to the 60s.

You are just repeating some liberal BS you once heard and then you claim its a fact.
There are hundreds of articles on the topic available.

My side used to be the good guys and now your side is and I'm supposed to believe that because you say it's a Fact !!!
Where you people go wrong is with the premise that those who don't agree with you aren't "good guys". It's not about that.

Go back to the civil war era, and see who supported big government. It was the Republicans. Which way did the rich northern states vote, and which way did the poor southern states vote? It's completely flipped around now. And it runs deeper than just that.

You don't have to believe it, though. You're a Trump supporter. You can believe whatever stupid s**t you want to.

Regardless of your party switcheroo theory, you are in the wrong party today.
I'm not affiliated with any party. Currently, however, the Democratic party is more in line with my thinking, although less so now than, say 10 years ago. But in the last 10 years , the Republican party has strayed even further from anything I care for.

I am a recovering Democrat. Carter was the last Democrat Prez I voted for just because he was a D.
And I voted for Reagan. Twice. It wasn't about who's bad or good then. It was about who's better for the country. After Carter, we needed someone more dynamic. Reagan was the guy for the job.

The problems with Trump is he is morally bankrupt, and has made that part of his schtick, and his business skills are highly over rated. So, he was elected because he's an a**hole, and he lost a billion dollars.

That makes no sense to me.

Going off track a little with this one.

I read on the internet that China used to buy cars for example from the west and take them apart and then just copy them slightly altered for the Chinese market.Not sure about other products but is that using your noodle or just down right sneaky?

Obviously it could have just been propaganda.

I see Stanley is moving operations from China to Texas with the Craftsman line of tools. 90 million, 425,000 square foot facility were they will manufacture Craftman tools, like the good ol' days. Also will employ at least 500 people. The CEO of Stanley cited the change in economy and tariffs that made this a go.

There is that magic wand again!! Put that thing away!

I usually never listen to CRI English service on shortwave but lately I find the trade talks propaganda coming out of the communist country entertaining to say the least.

Now it is America's turn. Trump pushed for substantial tax decreases for domestic manufacturers and substantial, painful tax increases for the foreign ones.

The proverbial "big sucking sound" everybody hears is the sound of businesses relocating back to the U.S., bringing with them jobs, prosperity, and a headache for Democrats.