The use of frequency with a wide view

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrlthse

Utah question should be posted in the Utah forum. The Database forum is for Database use questions only.
Greeting all from Utah,
Now for another touch one,
There is a set of frequency with a callsign of KNIV722 which is listed with two locations,
What is so strange to me is there not listed as a statewide use but could be,
Qustion is who actually use them and why / when?

mule1075

Feed Provider

mrlthse

Greeting
I already know that bit of information,
I have done my research on this FCC site myself,
What I am looking for is simply this,
What is this set of freqs with such a wide angle view used for.
Could it be the animal control or is it a tac channel or maybe just local govt chatter.
Is there anyone close to the area of coverage that can respond.

N5XPM

Greeting
I already know that bit of information,
I have done my research on this FCC site myself,
What I am looking for is simply this,
What is this set of freqs with such a wide angle view used for.
Could it be the animal control or is it a tac channel or maybe just local govt chatter.
Is there anyone close to the area of coverage that can respond.

Not fully understanding wide angle view. Seems like the intent is replacement site and power increase.

gldavis

KE7MQF
Premium Subscriber
The frequencies can be used for any purpose the owner wants, within the provisions. As in, Public Service, witch would include, PD, FD, EMS, Dog Catcher,,,,,excuss me, Animal Control, tactical, car-to-car, and so on. As this being a trunk system, no 1 freq will be for 1 use/user. There will be many users, and it is up to us, as hobbyists to listen and try to figure out who is what, or what is who.
Does this help?

mrlthse

The frequencies can be used for any purpose the owner wants, within the provisions. As in, Public Service, witch would include, PD, FD, EMS, Dog Catcher,,,,,excuss me, Animal Control, tactical, car-to-car, and so on. As this being a trunk system, no 1 freq will be for 1 use/user. There will be many users, and it is up to us, as hobbyists to listen and try to figure out who is what, or what is who.
Does this help?
Gary, I know that, I guess what I should have asked, Is if anyone have a briefing list of talk group and tags otherwise, These set of freqs, (callsign) are out of my monitoring area, But, I would like to know them in case I travel in that area on vacation (Holiday) .
Just as a footnote: I also want to do some more traveling (On Amtrak) after this covid 19 clears a bit.

gldavis

KE7MQF
Premium Subscriber
I kinda figured you knew, but wanted to clarify for those that didn't. As for a listing of talk groups and tags, there is a good one in the database. It is updated as possible when someone submits.
Or maybe I'm still not understanding the question. That is possible, it being Fast Sunday, and my tummy is distracting my thought process. :D

mrlthse

I kinda figured you knew, but wanted to clarify for those that didn't. As for a listing of talk groups and tags, there is a good one in the database. It is updated as possible when someone submits.
Or maybe I'm still not understanding the question. That is possible, it being Fast Sunday, and my tummy is distracting my thought process. :D
The updating is done by who, anyone? Other than to actually travel to within monitoring distants how can one find valid talk groups in outlining county like park city logan or provo?

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Submissions are made by people who live or visit an area and confirm talkgroup usage by monitoring.

mrlthse

Ok, So your saying the only way to receive (new) information is by the people who take the time to visit or who live in the area.
sound reasonable,

N7YUO

Actually, many of us search fr new Talk Groups.
Just now, I looked at Unitrunker.
These TGs recently showed up.
10080 NL Not Listed 2 hits
15904 NL 2 hits
50336 Iron Co Ops 2---3 hits
64000 Weber SO-----3 hits

mrlthse

I reported this 64000 (Weber County) TG years ago,
And it has been aboned for a looong time.
Interested to see what comes of it?

Status
Not open for further replies.