The Utah Shake Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

KF7OQQ

Premium Subscriber
Is there anyone listening to the radio traffic associated with this. Any new talk groups or refined of what the talk groups are ? Anyone now what talk groups or frequency they are using ? Any talk groups going on that are only use very little ?

tbogs

One of the most active channels that I'm hearing happens to be on Site 3, TG 24864. I believe this is Murray EOC. I keep hearing several Murray fire stations calling each other to report damage and also talking about initiating Murray EOC.

kf7yn

I agree, 24864 is Murray EOC.

Also, does anyone know why Ogden and N Ogden 6F units are using LZ1 for their drill? Doesn't seem very smart to me...

kf7yn

TG 25184 is being called 'Private' by VECC PD dispatch. Not sure what that means but it had EOC related traffic.

26624 came up with State EOC and UHP ID's, might be a secondary UT State EOC TG.

ranger2004

On UC simo these are active with 27616,39904,18112,27456
I have missed alot, but I will look at logs later.

Brett

Last edited:

wbloss

Human
Database Admin
Cache

Up Here in Cache 3 new hrd on Logan Peak or Cache Simo:
TG 29504 RID 1362 ID’d as EOC 1 – RID # seems like Rich Co. Low traffic and easy going (This is from the "Cache/Rich?Box Elder series,

TG 30112 from wildcard RID 8060 “MY EOC” re “WEBEOC” not up

TG 39904 from wildcard RID 5661, 5668, 5672, Brian “Activate Weber “

Hooligan

In addition to exercise traffic on the known VHF freqs & UCAN TGs, I caught local activity on two new (to me...) UCAN TGs today:

50912 -- Hurricane FD/EMS units with brief, tactical traffic.

50720 -- Hurricane FD/EMS units, on what they called the "car to car" channel.

Prior to these comms, my thought was that HFD was still on VHF other than the TG 50112 simulcast of their normal 154.370 Washington County Central Area FD repeater but now I'll have to stalk some of their vehicles & look for 800MHz antennas.

wbloss

Human
Database Admin
New TG at 6pm SHake-out day: 16384 re patients - in the "hospital sequence" RID 10350, hrd on Cal Mountain

w

tbogs

The problem I've been having with getting specific TG's identified is that there are several different agencies using some of the same channels. Like for example, 18112 I've heard called state EOC. I've also heard 26624 called state EOC as well. Anyone else noticing this?

kf7yn

As I mentioned previously, it is possible that 26624 is a secondary State EOC TG. Until we get confirmation, this is all we can go by. EOC 1, EOC 2, etc.

KF7OQQ

Premium Subscriber
Im glad to see that some stuff was picked up and honed in on. I'm sorry i wasn't able to listen very much yesterday and able to help. Shortly after posting the question other pressing matters came up (the shake out) and listening time was cut very short. To those that partipated in the shake out thanks!!! This exercise will put us that much closer to control and react accordily if and when it happens and let us see some weak spots to fix. I did hear some ham activity and it sounded very orginized.Good Job!! Lets keep our radio comunity going strong !

Junior1970

New TG at 6pm SHake-out day: 16384 re patients - in the "hospital sequence" RID 10350, hrd on Cal Mountain

w

My guess is Bear River Valley Hospital in Tremonton since TG's have already been identified for Logan Regional, Brigham City, and Logan Specialty Hospitals

ranger2004

They are very active on Utah Simo today.

Also right now they are working with Provo PD/FD and Airmed on drills.

wbloss

Human
Database Admin
My guess is Bear River Valley Hospital in Tremonton since TG's have already been identified for Logan Regional, Brigham City, and Logan Specialty Hospitals
Thanks, this makes sense. Sure wish we had someone active in Box Elder...
At the least can some of us program this - the Grecoms have a flash or chirp function that helps a lot in seeing/hearing specific TG's.
w

bchris

Also, does anyone know why Ogden and N Ogden 6F units are using LZ1 for their drill? Doesn't seem very smart to me...

I heard the Ogden area being scolded by UCAN (Jake?) for using LZ1. He asked them to use a more appropriate channel. They acted like they didn't really know what else to use. Sounds like some radio training is in order!

Status
Not open for further replies.