The Villages?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kc8rak

Hi everyone.
My dad moved to the villages this week and i am interested in getting him a scanner for his home. Lake county has a 800 system i see. Is it digital? If so then i guess he will be stuck listing to the other 3 counties the Villages is in. I think he moved to the Sumter part of it. Thanks

John in Ohio

khoelldobler

Premium Subscriber
now residing in Ocala, Florida since 1999
holiday gift idea !!

I suggest you save up some money in a special holiday fund, and buy him a digital scanner as a holiday gift. I recommend the same scanner I use... the RadioShack PRO-106 hand-held. Loaded w/ features, and easy to program using scanner programming software such as PSRedit-500 or WIN-500. You can program it for him prior to giving it to him... Lake County has alot to be monitored, it would be a shame if he lives in that county and he can't hear anything around him. The PRO-106 would be my choice for monitoring that 700/800 Mhz system. Best of luck to you and pops... and happy holidays to your family.

kc8rak

Thanks guys. He is living in Sumter county but thats like 1/2 mile from Lake county. Funny thing. We live in Lake county Ohio and now hes next to Lake county Florida. I guess he will have to listen to the on line feeds for now... Hope everyone has a good week.. Time to go put more wood in the fireplace. Brrr cold day here on the shores of Lake Erie Ohio.

John

CanesFan95

Man! I'm constantly getting IPN pages for trauma alerted fall victims at The Villages.

K4IHS

Premium Subscriber
In the December 2009 issue of Monitoring Times... there's a section dedicated to The Villages under the Scanning Report by Dan Veeneman. It includes all the frequencies and talkgroups. It looks to be an APCO25 system using 3 systems (north, central and south) for Lake and Sumter Co's.

gcr33

Some of the medical units are on the Lake Co.700/800 system I believe.
There are freqs. for the Villages.

K4IHS

Premium Subscriber
The article starts out... why can't I hear anything on my scanner anymore. Looks like they recently swithed to a digital APCO25 format replacing many of the conventional frequencies. Monitoring Times is a great magazine and should be available at most of the larger book stores.

I looked in The Villages for a place to live before settling in Ft. Myers. The Villages is HUGE!

Bolt21

Spark Chariot Driver
Are there any Sumter SO freqs listed in the article?

I've been trying to figure out what freq Tac 7 is, but can't seem to nail it down. Might be a low-power simplex.

Last edited:

K4IHS

Premium Subscriber
Yes... Sumter SO listed as still using conventional. 153.965 Dispatch, 156.135 TAC5, 159.015 TAC3... no mention of a TAC7. The writer mentions another unknown SO frequency of 152.220 but it's not listed in the FCC database.

Bolt21

Spark Chariot Driver
OK, thanks. The past month or so they've been "switching to Tac 7," and I can't figure out what it is. Just might be 152.220.

trooper890

Some of the medical units are on the Lake Co.700/800 system I believe.
There are freqs. for the Villages.

All of them are. Villages Fire/Rescue & Lake-Sumter EMS both are primary users on the Lake Co P25 system.

The Villages UHF system is now all general government and community use.

Status
Not open for further replies.