The Wife's Kitchen "Shack"

Status
Not open for further replies.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
That was the second generation, the first one was cream-colored and with only one band in the mid-70s, then this one came out with the black case with VHF/HI/LOW/UHF and I had one.

I love the nostalgia, hey if the weather turns out to be a rainy dreary day, you've always got the tequila ;)

900mhz

That was the second generation, the first one was cream-colored and with only one band in the mid-70s, then this one came out with the black case with VHF/HI/LOW/UHF and I had one.

I love the nostalgia, hey if the weather turns out to be a rainy dreary day, you've always got the tequila ;)
If it was me, it would be bourbon, not tequila.

PACNWDude

Wow, did not have the desktop model, but had a mobile Regency 8 channel crystal controlled scanner. Same clunky push buttons but mounted in a car usually. Mine was mounted under a cabinet and ran off a AC to DC power supply. Now, I use an old Maxtrac for VHF WX channel monitoring.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
My wife's go-to for the weather when I'm not home.
Who had one of these in 1978, when I got mine?
Regency ACT-4 H/L/U still works great.

Nice touch with the strategically positioned bottle of Cuervo. Close at hand in case the s**t hits the fan, zombie apocalypse, whatever...

That being said, I still have a couple of crystal scanners (a Radio Shack and an RCA) which work just fine, both scanning railroad channels.

R2

Premium Subscriber
I still have the ACT-C4U for the local PD channels in use back in the late 70s
IIRC it was ~ $50

Nightjock

My grandfather had that exact model, and it's the very reason I'm on RR typing these words to you right now over 40 years later. Thanks for the memory!

Status
Not open for further replies.