Military The World of Strange Military Stations - The Russians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Airboss

Silent Key
In my January 2021 Spectrum Monitoring Milcom column, I wrote about some of the strange Russian military stations that have popped up on HF radio over the years and are still active. Given the current headlines about a possible Russian invasion of Ukraine next month, I thought I would share the Russian portion of that column on my Milcom MP blog. Might make for some interesting monitoring in the coming days if things get worse in the region. You can read that article at The World of Strange Military Stations - The Russians

PACNWDude

Interesting, thank you for sharing. I started HF monitoring mostly for numbers stations. Things are getting pretty crazy with Russia and Ukraine once again, should provide some chatter on the airwaves.

Airboss

Silent Key
Since I posted this article I have added two more Russians to my YouTube video channel. First is The Alarm on 4770 kHz and you can view it at Russian Mil The Alarm. The second I just posted to the channel is The Goose on 3243 kHz. That video is at Russian Mil The Goose. I have a few more to post in this series and you can follow that on either my Twitter feed From the Static or by subscribing to my YouTube channel From the Static where I am building a library of videos for non-broadcast stations aka Utes in HF and above. 73 de Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.