Theft of radio equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.

nec911

I got this email from a list I am on:

All,

Last night (11/19/09) in the basement garage of the Overland Park Holiday Inn near the Convention Center on Nall Ave., Ron Schwankl’s (Motorola Systems Technologist) truck was broken into and approximately $80-$100K worth of radios and test equipment was stolen.

The radios included XTS5000 and XTS2500 Portables as well as one new APX portable.
The radios were in 800MHz, UHF and VHF bands and were programmed specifically for the MARC-RAMBIS system and were being used for system testing.

Two new service monitors were also taken as well as a lot of other equipment.

Ron said he would send me the complete inventory for distribution when he got it put together.

In the mean time, I would think that an APX that shows up anywhere outside the usual sales channels would be a red flag.

Because of your knowledge and contacts with the local radio community I thought I would put out the alert so that you can spread the word to see if this equipment shows up anywhere.

Of course a police report has been filed but this is some very specialized equipment so unless the thieves are smart enough to ship it overseas it could very well become visible to someone in the local radio community.

Thanks much for the help and please let myself and/or the Overland Park Police know if anyone sees anything that raises a flag.

Regards,
Jim

tonyclark

Premium Subscriber
They'll want to unload that quick. I hate people that steal, everyone works hard for what they have. I sure hope it is all covered.

Status
Not open for further replies.