They were right!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

motorman105

Premium Subscriber
I've been using my HP-1 since I got it in early December last year. Up until that point, My BCD396XT was the best!
About an hour ago...I decided to break out my old XT and go for a drive and leave the HP-1 plugged in at home.
When I put the XT away last year, I did a hard reset and packed it away with the intention of possibly selling it....so this morning I figured I'd fire it up....reprogram with Freescan and be on my way....right? Wrong!!!
I couldn't figure out how to connect to the PC......I couldn't even find a PC interface on the XT menu.....only a baud rate setting..........
THEY WERE RIGHT....all of those who said this new fangled HP-1 would make me stupid because it was so easy to use......I'm STUPID....I used to know that XT backwards and forward!!!
I hope none of you suffer my fate.....
I'm amazed I was able to log on to this site!!!

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Other than baud rate, there is no PC interface on the XT menu.

Sounds like you need the Extreme Upgrade to make you smart again. :)

Viper43

PC interface... thats the cable connection that you plug in next to (above) the POWER connector.... LOL.... thats a good one......

UPMan, the Extreme features might just overload him :)

One13Truck

Feed Provider
And that is exactly why I have been holding off on buying this or the Gre's 800. LOL
Actually I would already have the 800 if it had a full keypad to allow me to do what I enjoy most. Programming everything by hand. All the easy programming of units like this are great in their own ways and attract people to the hobby that otherwise would never have found it. But I fear it also does as much damage as it does good sometimes making people rely on it way too much instead of doing it on their own.

brownlab

Washington DC, Alexandria/Fairfax County /Loudoun
I've been using my HP-1 since I got it in early December last year. Up until that point, My BCD396XT was the best!
About an hour ago...I decided to break out my old XT and go for a drive and leave the HP-1 plugged in at home.
When I put the XT away last year, I did a hard reset and packed it away with the intention of possibly selling it....so this morning I figured I'd fire it up....reprogram with Freescan and be on my way....right? Wrong!!!
I couldn't figure out how to connect to the PC......I couldn't even find a PC interface on the XT menu.....only a baud rate setting..........
THEY WERE RIGHT....all of those who said this new fangled HP-1 would make me stupid because it was so easy to use......I'm STUPID....I used to know that XT backwards and forward!!!
I hope none of you suffer my fate.....
I'm amazed I was able to log on to this site!!!
You can order a cable from Scanner Masters that uses the USB port of your computer (opposed to the serial port) and yes the other end of the cable fits into the radio right under the dial. The USB cable comes with solftware that configures the computer to the XT. Yes you do need one or the other cable to program the XT using Freescan or for firmware updates provided Uniden ever puts another one out for the XT. The XT is an excellent radio and give you control you do not get with the HP, I am sure you could sell it on eBay. I do not think you are stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.