Thin Client Password

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently bought a HP T5000 client from a fella who didn't happen to mention that he changed the administrator password and the user password. I'm looking for a simple way to reset these to the default (I don't care if any information is lost, I just don't want to have to reinstall the OS)

I figured maybe some of you who also run thin clients had encountered this same problem and were able to find a relatively simple solution.

thanks in advance!

FFKingsford

Most HP Thin Clients you press ALT+F4 and then the user name is ether Admin or Administrator with the password 0mega.

Thin Clients do not posses an OS. It's like a dead terminal that has to connect to a Terminal Server.

K

kb0nly

Most HP Thin Clients you press ALT+F4 and then the user name is ether Admin or Administrator with the password 0mega.

Thin Clients do not posses an OS. It's like a dead terminal that has to connect to a Terminal Server.

Actually they do possess an OS. What your thinking about is a dumb terminal, totally different.

Most of them are XP that i have dealt with, some are Linux based.

The HP T5000 series are nice. I know someone that uses a T5720 for web browsing at home, its nice security wise because any changes made to the system by malicious websites or software can be cleared by rebooting as the OS is write protected on its flash memory.

This one is running Windows XPe...and I've tried what the admin password and username were suppossed to be and variations of it with no luck. The F9 trick says its for Ce OS but I might as well give it a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.