Thin client & USB soundcard not playing nice

Status
Not open for further replies.

DELCOLHFC

Hello all,
I am currently using a HP t5700 thin client to feed the Philly fire / EOC feed, so far thats working out O.K.
I just took delivery of a handful of the 99 cent USB soundcards that have been discussed here in several threads, My plan is to install a pair of these on the thin client and move my other feed over to it as well as start another new feed. My problem is that when I installed the first USB "card" the thin client wanted to see some driver software. None came with the cards and the TC's install wizard struck out trying to find it so it will not allow the installation to proceed. I have read here that several different folks have successfully done this and I am now looking for some guidance, I'm really not very 'puter savvy and am still a noob on the TC.
Any and all advice is welcome!
Thanks in advance,
Tom

DELCOLHFC

Still no USB to TC love.....................

Anyone?
I tried one of the USB cards on another TC and had the same results, however when plugged into my XP PC they self installed in no time and work fine. My problem is that I'm trying to unload the feeds from the PC and set them up on the TC's. I just can't figure out how to get thew TC's to recognize the USB 'soundcards'

I know others have had success with these and I'm most likely overlooking something obvious, any ideas?

Thanks,
Tom

DELCOLHFC

Thank you, I'll have to give that a try tonight. (That is if the bride doesn't add too much to my "Honey-Do List", it tends to grow faster this time of year.)
I was actually getting the same advice from one of the 'puter guys here at work about the same time you posted it!
Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.