Things I heard today...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
First this morning on my way to work, TPD dispatcher was assigning a call to Robert XXX, not having heard of a Robert designator before I started thinking about the laid-off officers that were working as reserve officers until they got called back to work. Is the Robert designator for reserve? If so this unit was alone and a backer was assigned to the call with it, I thought reserve officers were to be used as ride alongs (if this was the case) only.

Tonight on the way home I heard a COS on the Turner ID of OHP for a driver that was weaving and was thought to be TOC, Haven't heard that one before as well, does TOC mean Talking on Cell? I know that new legislation is in the works but as far as I knew this offense wasn't to be used as a primary stop.
Any ideas on the TOC code?

fireant

The only thing, I have heard relating to TOC was Transporting Open Container, however may not be the case.

fireant

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
The only thing, I have heard relating to TOC was Transporting Open Container, however may not be the case.

fireant

That makes more sense, with the weaving and all. Not that Cell phone use doesn't contribute to weaving, but there's no law yet.....

Medic32

To my understanding Robert Units are administrative units that have been reassigned to the field. Such as some of the PIOs. But Robert 1 would be the man himself. The reserves use X-Ray designators. I have seen a lot of them working shifts as extra officers. Primarily drunk patrols on brookside or backing other units not always just riding along with someone.

Medic32

I thought X-Ray designators were assigned to Motorcylce units????

Depends on the First digit of the Designator.... I.E. Xray 1xx 2xx or 3xx would be someone from first second or third shift but X-Ray 9xx is a reserve

car2back

Xray covers anyone that falls under the support division, the TPD website should tell you who all that includes... If you pay really good attention you can tell what they do by the number series in their designator... Same for Mary (detective) units ;)

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
^^^ I have been hearing a lot more Mary designators lately, does that mean if they came off the desk and back into the field to cover the laid-off positions that they still keep there Mary designator?

car2back

Yep, that's exactly what's going on! It's chaos right now, they've been holding off reassigning designators in hope they'd hire back those laid off, but looks like that's not gonna happen since Dewey has eliminated many of the laid-off positions.

Status
Not open for further replies.