Sentinel: Things show AVOIDED under Nationwide

motorman105

Premium Subscriber
Decided to see what new FL’s I could add to my SDS200. On Sentinel I scrolled to Connecticut then New Haven County then Nationwide. I see more than half of the listings are avoided. I then picked another location at random. I went to Kentucky, Bourbon County, Nationwide and found the same thing.
I went back to New Haven County, Nationwide. I unavoided Common Military-USA and downloaded it. It shows up as a FL but I can’t scan it.
I went back to Sentinel and found Common Military-USA was back to red showing Avoided.
I’m hoping someone can explain what’s going on.
Thanks

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Anything that's set to avoid under Nationwide will be avoided everywhere, all 50 states. Simply go into your Sentinel, expand on any state to get to Nationwide, and right click, and choose clear avoid.

1718978724163.png

Make sure you have all applicable service types selected and make sure monitor and download are set to ON in the profile editor when writing to the scanner.

1718978863861.png

Alternatively, you can also clear the avoid from inside the fav list while editing.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Reading the scanner back into Sentinel, then avoiding the unwanted Nationwide items, is one way. There is no specific setting in your profile (in Sentinel) to toggle the Nationwide systems on or off.

As Dave has already noted, you can edit the master database in Sentinel to set unwanted systems to Avoid. However, the next time that you update the main database in Sentinel, the "avoid" on those systems will be reset, and if you scan using the main database, versus a Favorites list, they will be active again.

You can, however, set them to avoid in the scanner itself, which will retain the Avoid status even when you update the main database.

In the scanners menu, go to select Select Scan Selection
1718997649430.png

Make sure that the Full Database is set to ON
1718997715467.png

Press the Menu key to go back to the previous screen. On that screen, select Set Nationwide Systems.
1718997888285.png

That will get you to a menu for you to select individual Nationwide Systems to On or Off.
1718997973676.png

Once you've done that, and gone back to scanning, the categories you set as Off will no longer come up when using the main database. Their stataus (On or Off) will be retained even if you update the main database.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
As Dave has already noted, you can edit the master database in Sentinel to set unwanted systems to Avoid. However, the next time that you update the main database in Sentinel, the "avoid" on those systems will be reset, and if you scan using the main database, versus a Favorites list, they will be active again.

Are you sure about that? I set all nationwide to avoid a long time ago and have not had to avoid again after a db update. And I just checked all the BS stuff in NYC (County Systems) I had set to avoid and they remained avoided after the db update I just did..

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Are you sure about that? I set all nationwide to avoid a long time ago and have not had to avoid again after a db update. And I just checked all the BS stuff in NYC (County Systems) I had set to avoid and they remained avoided after the db update I just did..
I have not tried that myself, since I do not use the main database. I vaguely remember a post (forget by who) that echoed the 'update will override', but if you are using that procedure, & it does not reset with an update, I'll defer to your results, that it does not update.