Things we would like to see in the next DSDPlus Fastlane

Status
Not open for further replies.

princessthelus

Premium Subscriber
I thought I would start a discussion of things we would like to see in the next release of DSDPlus fastlane.
1. Being able to process lower signals better(always been a problem with DSD and DSDPlus)
2. More decoding of NXDN features like more data interpretation from AVL and fleetsync and handhelds and most data from the control channel.
3. More adjustable bandwidth in FMP while the program is running. Right now there is only like 4 settings you can use.
4. FMP has a visual read out of SNR.
5. P25 phase 2(Never going to happen though)

Post your wants and wishes here and maybe they will be seen!

Attachments

• 4f37f5f6984dad42d76e314f730cbea8f62af875a81b24a1d9d858ca6d45160a.jpg
    4f37f5f6984dad42d76e314f730cbea8f62af875a81b24a1d9d858ca6d45160a.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 664

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Much of your wishlist will ever happen unless you / others actually provide raw audio samples of data and protocols that you'd like to be supported but are not currently supported.

Example: AVL -- it's supported everywhere it can be, from my standpoint. There are verious providers of AVL/GPS stuff, for all platforms -- at least that is my understanding. If DSDAuthor has never been given the raw audio pertaining to such systems and has never been given any information regarding the protocol [if it's an open protocol -- documentation], then one can't expect DSDAuthor to do anything about it.

All those things sound like pretty neat things to have, but the people wanting features need to participate in the process.

My $0.02, which I realize isn't worth much.

Mike

Last edited:

jcardani

Premium Subscriber
Why would Phase 2 not happen? The code is already in OP25. Also TIA-102-BBAB and TIA-102-BBAC
detail the TDMA protocol specs, which is available for free on the Internet.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Why would Phase 2 not happen? The code is already in OP25. Also TIA-102-BBAB and TIA-102-BBAC

I didn't say P2 P25 wouldn't happen. I realize the code is in OP25. Should other people just thieve the code from OP25 and re-use it? Certainly you aren't saying that.

And if I were DSDAuthor, i'd be simply weighing the pros and cons, and the one con that would stick out to me was that I'm not getting paid to develop P25 P2 support [or anything else]. And if one wanted to argue about Fast Lane, I'd argue that Fast Lane support doesn't find endless development time and the sacrificing of one's life.

P25 P2 will probably be there one day. I can think of other things I'd like to see first.

mike

jcardani

Premium Subscriber
Hi Mike,

I was referring to point #5 of the OP, not your post. The TIA docs I referenced should help with the logic :)

I didn't say P2 P25 wouldn't happen. I realize the code is in OP25. Should other people just thieve the code from OP25 and re-use it? Certainly you aren't saying that.

And if I were DSDAuthor, i'd be simply weighing the pros and cons, and the one con that would stick out to me was that I'm not getting paid to develop P25 P2 support [or anything else]. And if one wanted to argue about Fast Lane, I'd argue that Fast Lane support doesn't find endless development time and the sacrificing of one's life.

P25 P2 will probably be there one day. I can think of other things I'd like to see first.

mike

CanesFan95

Phase II and the ability to listen to private calls. And fix DMR rest channel following. And make the bandwidth stay where you put it. And show the callsign / text info on D-Star.

D

DaveNF2G

The last time I ran DSDPlus on the local D-Star repeater, I saw nothing but callsigns.

KD8DVR

Because this has been brought up before and the dsdplus author has always disregarded/ignored the issue in discussion.

TomTN

The ability in the DSD+ Event Log screen to customize the Title Bar. This way each window could be named for what it is monitoring.

princessthelus

Premium Subscriber
I would like to see left and right audio setting for use of different voice talk groups. My city has to dispatch talk groups and it would make it easier to listen to both. Also some one tell me where i can send a sample of The Nexege48 system's control channel, and voice channels so they can analyze it?

Status
Not open for further replies.