think radio shack will discount their scanners in their store closing sales?

Status
Not open for further replies.

w2xq

Mentor
The BOD has to deal with its creditors and the delisting problem first. The creditor arrangements so far have prevented the ~2000 store closing, as discussed in other threads. I think it will quite a while before there is anything but the usual Black Friday sales prior to Christmas. Just a guess...

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
If you're looking for an upgrade, you might want to look for a Pro-106 or Pro-197 that might be on clearance at stores right now. There's been topics on the RadioShack forums discussing it, but most users who are lucky enough to find the old GRE manufactured scanners have often gotten them less than most of the analog offerings that RadioShack has in stock. Otherwise, you might also want to see if you can find the Uniden BCD396XT or BCD996XT (likely not as deeply discounted) as I understand that some stores are trying to clear them out for the digital RadioShack offerings.

http://forums.radioreference.com/radio-shack-scanners/295031-pro197-clearance.html

sibbley

Premium Subscriber
They have, and time is running out

I got a 651 and 652 for $160, and bag day is coming soon :D

I noticed that RadioShack.com had a 651 for $239. I went to my local (still open) store and the price tag was $399! I mentioned to the clerk that the price was $239 on the website. He looked it up and gave me the 651 at the website price. Only 2 of our local stores remained open. The stores that closed had NO scanners.

Please tell me that was $160 each!

AtlasFBG2

I noticed that RadioShack.com had a 651 for $239. I went to my local (still open) store and the price tag was $399! I mentioned to the clerk that the price was $239 on the website. He looked it up and gave me the 651 at the website price. Only 2 of our local stores remained open. The stores that closed had NO scanners.

Back when the web site first had them listed for $239 I went to my local store which showed in stock. They said it was $399 but was a customer return. So they would give me 10% off. I said it was only $239 on the web site and they looked it up then said your better off buying off the internet. It was a franchise store that is not closing.

TxScanner

Premium Subscriber
I paid 219 on ebay for a new 651

Sent from my Galaxy S5 via Tapatalk

ecps92

Yes $160 each :D

scma127

Premium Subscriber
think radio shack will discount their scanners in there store closing sales?

i bought a pro-652 0f amazon for 200.00 brand new in the box the alpha numeric display did not work at all
light came on thats it sent it back for full refund amazon was nice about looking for aanother nice digital scanner base/mobile only

Status
Not open for further replies.