Thinking about feeding.. A question..

Status
Not open for further replies.

KK4JW

I have an unused scanner sitting idle at home, and I can think of no better use for it than to be a dedicated feeder scanner. The only problem is that I don't like leaving my PC powered on 24/7. Is it possible to take one of those Raspberry Pi things and use it as a means to get scanner audio to the servers?

DC31

Feed Provider

Kingscup

Feed Provider
If you are referring to the Broadcastify server then you can use the link below and it will tell you how to do it. I was able to set up a feed using it. It can be a bit tricky but I was able to pull it off. I had no experience with the Raspberry Pi or with Linux. You also have to apply to be a feed provider so make sure you do that first before you start buying the items.

If you are referring to your own server, you can do it but I don't know how to set it up.

KK4JW

If you are referring to the Broadcastify server then you can use the link below and it will tell you how to do it. I was able to set up a feed using it. It can be a bit tricky but I was able to pull it off. I had no experience with the Raspberry Pi or with Linux. You also have to apply to be a feed provider so make sure you do that first before you start buying the items.

If you are referring to your own server, you can do it but I don't know how to set it up.

Cool, thanks for that. Yes, I should have been more specific - I do want to feed to Broadcastify. I have a RPi arriving from Amazon soon. I'm sure I'll have a lot of questions about setting everything up, so if anyone wants to volunteer to guide me on this, I'd appreciate.

DC31

Feed Provider
Cool, thanks for that. Yes, I should have been more specific - I do want to feed to Broadcastify. I have a RPi arriving from Amazon soon. I'm sure I'll have a lot of questions about setting everything up, so if anyone wants to volunteer to guide me on this, I'd appreciate.
Remember that the Rpi2 image posted in the wiki will NOT work on a pi4 if that is what you have purchased. A pi4 requires the Raspbian Buster OS. That did not exist when the pi2 image was prepared.

If you are a beginner with a pi3 or 4 with Raspbian Buster, take a look at the darksnow option for starters. (See link that I previously posted)

Kingscup

Feed Provider
What DC31 said. Lindsey has said an updated wiki is coming "soon" though.

Status
Not open for further replies.