Thinking about possibly a trx1 purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
Yes but unless they changed the TRX-1 it only charges when not receiving a signal. I remember Don talking about that for the PRO668's and WS1080's. So the answer is yes but very slowly. I still charge my batteries with my MAHA 801D or my MAHA C9000 chargers.

seth21w

Yes but unless they changed the TRX-1 it only charges when not receiving a signal. I remember Don talking about that for the PRO668's and WS1080's. So the answer is yes but very slowly. I still charge my batteries with my MAHA 801D or my MAHA C9000 chargers.

Ok thanks yeah i know my pro 668 charged while scanning no audio, just making sure the trx1 is the same i usually just prefer not removing the batteries often. How is the sensitivity and reception on the trx1 compared to the trx2.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
Both my TRX-1 and TRX-2 sharing the same antenna at the same time is no different. I use my TRX-x's for NXDN and DMR Trunking until I get the LNC order right then my Unidens Track DMR Trunking better and miss less calls. Any trip in to a HIGH RF AREA I have to turn on the ATT as the Unidens keep right on talking. Confirmed this both in Memphis and Jackson Tn. But I have seen others that say they have better luck so your results may vary.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
That is the order of the transmitters at the trunking site. The trunking controller sends signals out telling what talk groups are on what channel. The Unidens decode this data and when the talk groups move from channel to channel the radios in the field follow the correct talk groups. Whistler from what has been said here scan all channels for activity. This is just a basic way trunking systems work as there is more to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.